Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 11,944 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I need some advise and what to expect. My husband and I will be moving to Port Charlotte Fl. in July. We have both lost our jobs here in California. and have not been able to find anything work wise since. We are moving to Florida becasue my husbands family is there and he has work there. We have been looking at buying a house for under 80,000.00. We also are expecting our first child due in October. I want to make sure we pick a good area. Are the schools there good? Are there things to do. I won't be working and I would like to find something to occupy my time with a new born. Any suggestions would be apprechiated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:20 PM

6 posts, read 17,243 times
Congrats on you baby ....I moved to pc frm Miami one year ago OMG !!! What a change most people here are not that friendly . Just today I had a guy park his car sooo close to mine I couldent get out ..You know what he said ? That if I touched his car he was going to sue me ....lol .... I guess there are some bad kid looking for money any way they can get it ...... As for homes you can pick anyone you want most of the homes here in pc are banked owned so dont let any one fool you ....I think Punta Gorda , North Port and even Venice is way better then PC and cleaner....

Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Wow! That's pretty crappy that someone would act like that. For the most part I think people around here are pretty friendly, at least I would like to think that I am.

I would have to say that I prefer North Port to Port Charlotte. To me it's a newer, cleaner city and I like the Sarasota county school system better, although most Charlotte county schools have gotten good grades from the state.

If your looking for some other local mothers to hang out with the North Port Mom's Club is a great group to hang with: //www.city-data.com/profiles/11991 they're always doing something. Also a group of mothers meet at the Port Charlotte Mall in the kids play area every Tues morning. All of the kids are under 5 and most around around 1.

Another great place to meet other mothers is the Kidz Play Place in North Port. It's a play place for kids under 5 years old. You stay there and let the kids play while you socialize with other mommies and daddies.

Good luck with your new little one and welcome to town

Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 PM

6 posts, read 11,944 times
Thanks for the responses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte