Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,349 times

Advertisements

Can someone please let me know if Port charlotte is rural, suburban, or suburban with a rural feel?
For a project I'm doing, I need to know if there are alot of Pine trees?
Can Big Box stores like Walmart or target be found there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
I would say Port Charlotte is more suburban. Hmm...there are quite a few pine trees I'm not sure of the amount though. Yeah, PC has Wal-Mart, Target, Marshall's, Walgreen's, CVS, etc.

What's the project you're working on?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:46 PM

3 posts, read 5,349 times
Thanks for the information. I'm putting together a log of the characteristics of different florida towns.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,602 times
I live in Baltimore MD and I just got back from Port Charlotte I LOVED IT.............
And on route 41 there is every type of store you would ever need, walmart ,home depot Ace hardware. Store after store of every kind.
I can not wait to get down there. It has both surban and rural areas. I found it to be very clean compared to where I live.
all the areas I was in seemed well kept. I did not see a what I would call a bad area I fell in love..
I hope to be there in the next month or two. I spent 8 days in the area looking for houses to buy there were tons and tons for sale every price range from cheap to needing repairs to ready to move in great houses. I'm retired so I'm not looking to work but I heard there are not a lot of high paying job in the area.
Just my opinion
Clayton

Last edited by clay69; 10-29-2009 at 04:46 AM..

Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,080,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay69 View Post
I live in Baltimore MD and I just got back from Port Charlotte I LOVED IT.............
And on route 41 there is every type of store you would ever need, walmart ,home depot Ace hardware. Store after store of every kind.
I can not wait to get down there. It has both surban and rural areas. I found it to be very clean compared to where I live.
all the areas I was in seemed well kept. I did not see a what I would call a bad area I fell in love..
I hope to be there in the next month or two. I spent 8 days in the area looking for houses to buy there were tons and tons for sale every price range from cheap to needing repairs to ready to move in great houses. I'm retired so I'm not looking to work but I heard there are not a lot of high paying job in the area.
Just my opinion
Clayton

Hey Clayton,
Welcome to the forum!! I am from Timonium, and still have a home there.
I bought a home and moved to Punta Gorda, just south of Port Charlotte.
Where in Baltimore are you from?
I know a couple Claytons, and know of a few more. . . Where did you work?
I was in the construction business up there for years.
Moderator cut: .. I would be happy to help you out too, if you need it.

What are you looking for:
3Br / 2 Bath, _____ sf
What budget range are you considering?
Do you want a Pool / lanai?
Do you like to golf, fish, drink beer?
Do you have children, or a slew of friends that will come to visit?
Are schools important (think eventual re-sale)
Are you married?
Do you boat? Do you need or want gulf access?

I'm happy to help if I can. I love it here, and live here year round now, except for when I go back home up there to visit from time to time. Your right there are lots of great deals here.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-30-2009 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: You can not solicit for a realtor ..

Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,602 times
Hi I sent you a private message
Clayton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte