Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 PM

531 posts, read 1,162,999 times

Advertisements

Our house closing in Port Charlotte went very well last Friday! We were all so excited to get down to FL to SEE the house after trusting our relatives and real estate agent to check out the house and tell us how great the house was.....well, they were RIGHT! It was awfully hard to leave it, and fly back here to NY again, but it was especially hard for our daughter, Missy, and her hubby, as THEY are the ones who are going to live in the house.
We STILL have to put this house on the market and sell it in order to get OUR Florida house, and we do pray it goes as easily as the last one.
The weather was fantastic for this trip, and we made the most out of it, not staying inside very often!
Talk to you all soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,010,713 times
May your daughter enjoy that house for many many years.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,939,274 times
Congratulations on the new home and welcome to the neighborhood

Old 05-07-2010, 04:16 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,100,314 times
Congrats! I'm glad everything went well!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
know someone who is speech therapist in Port Charlotte schools--she seems to think they do a good job if you have grand children moving in as well...

Old 05-08-2010, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
know someone who is speech therapist in Port Charlotte schools--she seems to think they do a good job if you have grand children moving in as well...
My grandson is almost 20, but thanks anyway. He'll have the hard task of finding a job, though, and I don't envy him THAT task! UGH! After he establishes himself for a year, he's thinking he'll probably attend college up in Tallahassee. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks to EVERYONE for all your congrats, and we hope to be moving down to PC permanently, ASAP!! Jim and I can't wait to meet you all.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 PM

48 posts, read 114,266 times
Hi Karen, I am glad all went well. If Missy needs anything please let her know I am happy to help. On the college note, State College of Florida (formally MCC, is nice inexpensive stepping stone). (located in South Venice/NP area straight shot down River Rd from 776 in Englewood or north on 41) I sent my son there for the first two years now he is off in UCF (Orlando). On the job front, once season hits (if he can hold out) most younger adults get lucky as wait staff or retail (Pt Charlotte Town Center).
Take care,
Virginia

Old 05-09-2010, 05:46 PM

36 posts, read 58,501 times
One down, One to go! Congrats and best wishes on a quick sale back in NY!

Sparky

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,933,517 times
So glad to hear things went well for you at your closing, when will you be back down again? We're going to be in PC July 5 through the 9th. Can we get together? Or will you be not down??

Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
So glad to hear things went well for you at your closing, when will you be back down again? We're going to be in PC July 5 through the 9th. Can we get together? Or will you be not down??
Thanks on the congrats, and we are trying to plan another trip down to bring some furniture, etc......depends upon when our youngest daughter will be coming in from Germany with her kids for a visit...might be early July, (which would be great for us to meet with you guys), or might be next month. We'll let you know, okay? Hey, we'll get to meet ONE of these times! You both need to retire and get down there and build that house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte