Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,814 times

Advertisements

You folks are so on! I listened to Art for years, and when he made his announcement to slowly fade away from his regular broadcast schedule, I was really bummed. I worked a constant night shift, and Art kept it bearable. I tried, and I mean tried to accept Norrys spin on c/c, but just couldn't adjust. I found Art on Internet Radio for a while, and then they took that off the air. It was repeats of older shows, but to me they were "gems"! I might be selfish, but I feel Art should have done it till the day he "steps over to the other side".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 04:27 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,608,205 times
I miss Art. He was a freak, but in a good way. I hope he brings his show back.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
The Problem with C2C is not just boring ol Noory but the quality of the listeners that call in, many of them sound like a bunch uneducated drunks who would most likely be screened out of Arts show.
Bottom line Noory's show just hasnt the class Art used to bring to his show,Art used to love that show and really brought out the best of his guests and his callers.
Noory seems asleep half the time and definitely imparts a feeling of just putting in time for a paycheck..

Old 06-30-2013, 09:13 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The Problem with C2C is not just boring ol Noory but the quality of the listeners that call in, many of them sound like a bunch uneducated drunks who would most likely be screened out of Arts show.
Bottom line Noory's show just hasnt the class Art used to bring to his show,Art used to love that show and really brought out the best of his guests and his callers.
Noory seems asleep half the time and definitely imparts a feeling of just putting in time for a paycheck..
I just listen to what callers have to say, regardless if they sound like some pothead hippie who lost his brain functions long ago. It's just entertainment

Since Art Bell is not longer there, Noory is it.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
I like listening to John B Wells who subs for George Noory. John sounds so much like Art Bell. Its hard to tell them apart.

Amazing interview between Mike Adams and John B Wells - Coast to Coast AM, August 11, 2012 - YouTube

Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Your right,his name his John Wells, I think i posted "John Holmes but meant Wells in a previous post,meaning Wells, and George Knapp are both excellent sitting in on Coast.
Not sure where I got the name Holmes

Old 07-02-2013, 01:21 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Let us hope Art doesnt chicken out now!!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Bastard View Post
It's been eleven years and the show keeps getting worse and worse. Most old school listeners have stopped tuning in because of Noory's incoherent boring banter.

The only reason Noory got the job was because he knew someone(possibly his Ex-wife) who works for Prem Rad, and is good friends with Rush Limbaugh.

Let's face it, the guy ruined C2C.
He and the ex addict are friends? Rush probably needs a friend, even his wife left him. I can see them together, in a back room, laughing at their callers. Well, maybe not Noory. I think he's kind of clueless, too.

This show should not be a rubber stamp of every half baked idea that people wish to make money from. The host has to stay engaged, apply some critical thinking, ask questions that have some point to them.

It's a shame that it's so hard to get this type of show in a lot of areas. There certainly is an audience for them, as C2C proves, and that audience would no doubt grow if the host had two brain cells to rub together.

But, even as Noory is a phony, I remember Art entertaining a LOT of guest forecasting the end of the world during the Y2k time and then having sponsors on who hawked emergency rations and freeze dried food. He was a real money machine back then and evidently a lot of his audience were dumb enough to fall for it. So, much as I think he is a great interviewer, he's no angel. That strange way that Ramona died coupled with how soon we heard about his new wife certainly set me thinking.

Last edited by goldengrain; 07-02-2013 at 06:52 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 12:25 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
He and the ex addict are friends? Rush probably needs a friend, even his wife left him. I can see them together, in a back room, laughing at their callers. Well, maybe not Noory. I think he's kind of clueless, too.

This show should not be a rubber stamp of every half baked idea that people wish to make money from. The host has to stay engaged, apply some critical thinking, ask questions that have some point to them.

It's a shame that it's so hard to get this type of show in a lot of areas. There certainly is an audience for them, as C2C proves, and that audience would no doubt grow if the host had two brain cells to rub together.

But, even as Noory is a phony, I remember Art entertaining a LOT of guest forecasting the end of the world during the Y2k time and then having sponsors on who hawked emergency rations and freeze dried food. He was a real money machine back then and evidently a lot of his audience were dumb enough to fall for it. So, much as I think he is a great interviewer, he's no angel. That strange way that Ramona died coupled with how soon we heard about his new wife certainly set me thinking.
My goodness! When you look at the whole world, can you see one person that in your view is, perfect?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 PM

65 posts, read 89,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

Yeah, ol' George is pretty friendly with Prem Rad. Matter of fact, that's one of the reasons he moved to Los Angeles... to be withing a$$ kissing distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio