Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 09:38 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,729,908 times

Advertisements

I may be a bit late on this, but this morning I went to listen to my XM 66 Raw and "The Rhyme" and learned they have been cut. Then I went to the classic rock channel, Top Tracks, and it has a name change. I didn't get to listen to it, but hopefully the music is the same. I liked The Rhyme because it didn't play the BS from T Pain, Wayne etc., and sometimes RAW was good for some grimey street music or brand new songs like Busta Rhymes "Arab Money", or back when Leo G dropped "War With God" way before the Luda album dropped.

Now, I guess they have ONE rap station and it was playing edited garbage. Did the FCC jump in and make everyone edit their music? I guess I could see if Leo G will be cussing anymore...I just had no idea this was happening.

I listen to it via DirecTV, and am lucky to have some channels w/o paying like most do, but what a rip-off for everyone all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 AM

Well I checked out the website for XM, and it appears Raw is now Shade 45....
Too bad DirecTV cut it...hopefully they will run the new channels.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,708 times
I was horrified to find they cut The City from their line-up. It's now Hip-Hop Nation XL, but they beep out the XL so what's up with that? They also lumped Hip-Hop with R&B, something that should never be done. All the GREAT D.J.'s are gone along with "Metro Mix". I feel like they raped XM and left us with nothing.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
This is all part of the merger with Sirius. Sirius is now also adopting programming from XM. Soon they will start putting out combo radios that get 400 channels from both XM and Sirius and they do not want to duplicate programming for too long. I have Sirius and so far I like what I am hearing. Be patient.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,385,069 times
Yeah it's now Shade 45 and it sucks. Every time I tuned in they were talking and they kept advertising it on the other stations

Old 11-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Well a week later and for me it sucks.
Before I listened only to The Rhyme, Raw, and Deep Tracks(I think thats what the classical rock was called).
I never listened to The City because it was too much like listening to the radio.
Now, I've heard a new Luda song, new Scarface and others once on the hour....actually 2 Luda, one with T-Pain "Chopped n Screwed" and one with Game "Call up the homies" (good song)...but am bored because no new radio.
Friday night was cool with the Beatminerz....but it sounds like all the good DJs or music I'd wanna hear is from 10pm to 4am or hours I sleep.

Like I said, I get it from DirecTV...I'd be real pissed if I actually subscribe. OTOH, it motivated me to get about 10 new CDs over the weekend.

If anyone likes good rap.....get the Black Milk album called Tronic.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,628,544 times
I am liking it so far because they have a lot more rock/classic rock stations. You should have received an email with all the changes but if not you can find them here:

XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service

I didn't listen to the rap/hip-hop stations so there is no big loss for me. The thing I do find annoying is that the "DJs" from Sirius talk way too much and are not funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio