Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 AM

326 posts, read 752,614 times

Advertisements

Our black lab is almost 14 years old and she can't walk anymore.
Both her back legs are very bad. Yesterday was the first day she could not get up off the floor at all by herself to go outside. It took 3 of us to get her outside to go to the bathroom, which meant carrying an 80+ dog down the front steps and back up. My heart is broken that she has gotten to this point. My heart is breaking that we will have to put her to sleep. I have hopes and dreams of her running and playing in heaven and living pain free.
I am not looking forward to tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,708 times
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww I am sooooo sorry.

I have a 14-15yr old doggie myself. He is a mutt. He is mixed with I believe Lab and Greyhound.
He is black and his name is Midnite. He is my love. He has been having problems lately that he never had before and I feel it's because maybe his time with me might be running out.

He has been coughing a lot and has been given medication and cough syrup for Mild Bronchitis. Now his hair has fallen out in certain places and very flaky and itchy, he was treated for Mange. Now his skin is still bad, getting better but not 100% and his cough still there now a new thing his hind left leg has begun going on him as well like your doggie and when he sleeps on it for a long time or is laying on it he wakes up crying..........awwwwww and he can't walk..... the other day he got up crying couldn't and wouldn't walk went alllll the way by the corner and sat there in shame refusing to get up until we pleaded with him to do so ...... why did he do that? why was he embarrassed? I know he was in pain and we were trying to massage his little painful leg but his reaction just broke my heart and I know this is only the beginning

I was just curious to his reaction. I don't want him to suffer at all or be in pain because I love him so much.........

I am sorry your putting your baby down but she won't be in any more pain afterwards. I would do the same to my Midnite when his time is up and he is no longer able to walk or manage on his own.....

Old 08-03-2010, 11:07 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
My sincerest thoughts are with you during this difficult time. It is not easy, but it seems that you are doing the best thing for your loved one. Just remember that her suffering will end, and while it is very painful for you now, you know in your heart that you are doing the right thing for her. Most of us on here have had our hearts broken and can still feel that pain that you are going through. Just know that you are not alone. You will be in the hearts of all of us on here.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,387,317 times
It's difficult to deal with the aging and death of a pet. But be sure to remember the good times, too!

Old 08-03-2010, 01:14 PM

821 posts, read 861,491 times
I'm so sorry that you both have to go through this

Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,650 times
I am so sorry for you...God bless all pets and welcome them at the rainbow bridge where we will all meet again one day.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
It's never an easy thing to do, yet often the kindest thing we can do for our furry friends.
Sending many many many hugs to you both.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Very hard decision. Make today special for her. Love her with the same joy she has given you for the past 14 years and don't let her sense your sorrow. Labs are very sensitive in that way. 14 years is a blessing for certain. I had to ave my 12.5 yr. old lab put down late this Spring. It is never easy. Our dogs deserve dignity in death as in life.

I have no doubt we will see them again one day as they are our angels when here on this earth. Thoughts and prayers...take care.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
As hard as it is for you it will be a relief for her. Make sure to be there with her and hold her paw telling her how great she is.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
I'm so very sorry...you're doing the right thing to end her pain and set her spirit free...but it still breaks our hearts even when we know it's the right choice. Know we are all familiar with the pain you're in and our hearts go out to you...(((hugs))).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge