Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:22 PM

386 posts, read 1,364,010 times

Advertisements

When my cat passed away a few years ago after falling through some unusual ice on the lake, I was devastated and blamed myself. I thought, if I left her in the house that day she would not been on that ice. Like many of you I felt guilty and missed her so much. The morning after we buried her something caught my eye. In the outdoor cat bed (which I had never seen used b/c my cats came inside when they wanted to) was a little kitten and she looked exactly like my older cat would have as a kitten. The kitten stayed only a second after she saw me looking at her through the window. I never saw the kitten before that day and I never saw the kitten again. I truly believe it was my cat sending a message my way to say mom, I'm ok, don't cry. Even though I still miss her, it helped to know she is ok.

I don't know why I thought of this story today, but I hope it helps some of my fellow pet lovers who know how hard it is to lose a furbaby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 07:28 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
That's why this is the rainbow bridge forum.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
That's a very nice way of putting it! I like it.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:35 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
Some people really have terrible accidents with their pets. You should not blame yourself, it was an accident, and as unfortunate as they are this is something that might happen to anyone.

There is a tremendous difference between people who neglect their pets and people who, at any given day, had the unfortunate experience of losing a dear pet in an accident.

Maybe that was "her way" of showing mama that she was fine at the rainbow bridge and one day she would again greet you with cute cat purrs.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
What a great story!

I believe in signs, and this sure sounds like one to me...thanks so much for sharing this, it really is uplifting!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,133,584 times
I love your story. It is unfortunate, but I haven't had anything like that happen after I lost my little soulmate chi/minpin, the Sunday after Thanksgiving 2007. I still grieve. It was sudden and she was only 5. I was sure the emergency vet would save her, and left her there. At 2am they called and said she was gone. I wasn't with her. To this day I cannot dream about her, and I cannot look at any pictures of her. I am still angry and bitter. I do have other dogs that I love dearly, but this hurt so badly. I wish I could have a sign I can let go, like that.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:30 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
I love your story. It is unfortunate, but I haven't had anything like that happen after I lost my little soulmate chi/minpin, the Sunday after Thanksgiving 2007. I still grieve. It was sudden and she was only 5. I was sure the emergency vet would save her, and left her there. At 2am they called and said she was gone. I wasn't with her. To this day I cannot dream about her, and I cannot look at any pictures of her. I am still angry and bitter. I do have other dogs that I love dearly, but this hurt so badly. I wish I could have a sign I can let go, like that.
However long it takes you to grieve is the right amount of time. Maybe you'd be more at ease if you let her go by forgiving yourself for not being with her. There's no way you could've known how ill she was. Wish her happiness on her journey until you see each other again.

SoBelle has a saying that in her belief system we will all be reunited with our beloved pets. Your little puppers would want you to be happy....

Old 07-24-2010, 07:31 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwlakewylie View Post
I don't know why I thought of this story today, but I hope it helps some of my fellow pet lovers who know how hard it is to lose a furbaby.
Thank you. It's a beautiful story ~

Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Thank you for sharing that story. Some of my friends have experienced various things after the death of one of their furry friends. One of my special friends left us a little over 9 years ago and I still miss my sweet friend so much, but no sign, I always hoped for one. I am glad you got your sign

forum rules, please read them

Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 AM

163 posts, read 582,828 times
I lost my dear Thelma last week...still hard to think of her. It was sudden and part of me blames myself but I know she knew I loved her...gave her a kiss that morning before I left for work. DH and I are planning a move to a new city and DH has been looking at houses after work, he said at one of the houses, there was a dog in the next yard that looked just like Thelma and she looked happy. I am glad he saw her not me because I would have started crying and the agent would be like is up with the crazy lady....I know Thelma is waiting for me and I can't wait to hold her again and rub her tummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge