U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 PM

600 posts, read 1,260,446 times

Advertisements

So many of you dear animal lovers were such a great support to me over on the "Dogs" forum when I was making and did make the decision to put my dear Isabelle to sleep on October 7. See:
A Letter to My Dog

I now have something beautiful and full of hope to share.

Last week, less than a week after Isabelle's death, a dear neighbor had come by to offer her condolences. She has been grieving the loss of one of her dogs this year. We were standing in my driveway teary-eyed and talking a little about "Rainbow Bridge." I had seen the poem before and had actually gotten a card that day with the "Rainbow Bridge" message on it. While I found it touching and somewhat comforting, I didn't quite know how to take it.
It started to sprinkle outside as we talked and the children were putting their toys in the garage when my daughter yelled "Look Mama! A rainbow!"
My friend and I turned our eyes to the sky over the trees and sure enough, there was the most precious sight - a rainbow in October! We both cried, hugged, and stared at it for the longest time, knowing that it was God's way of letting us know that our animals were safe and happy and free and in His care.
My neighbor left as the rainbow started to fade. The children and I stood there smiling up at it and waving "Hey Isabelle!" as it dissipated. I could not take my eyes off of it. But I finally did run in and get the camera and take a couple of pictures that actually show the fading "Rainbow Bridge." I will share them with you.
After that, I was awestruck and grateful for the rest of the evening. It has been a long time since I felt such peace. I had prayed for God to please help me with my great pain, and HE DID.
I still miss Isabelle terribly and feel sad, but not nearly as I did before last week's beautiful spiritual experience.
The next day we left for the NC mountains for a few days. On the way home, we were able to scatter some of Isabelle's ashes off the top of Mount Mitchell and at Crabtree Falls - two places that she loved to "hike" with us in her younger, happier, healthier days before we had children. She was born and raised in NC, so we will soon be taking some ashes to scatter at my parents' home in eastern NC as well.
So yes, my friends, RAINBOW BRIDGE DOES EXIST. I am truly humbled and blessed to say that I have seen it. May this give some of you that are hurting the hope and peace that you need.
~Kim
Attached Thumbnails
I Saw Rainbow Bridge!-september-october2010-020.jpg   I Saw Rainbow Bridge!-september-october2010-021.jpg  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 11:17 PM

19,864 posts, read 60,031,215 times
How lovely of you to share. <<hugs>>

Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 PM

38,873 posts, read 22,011,410 times
Thanks for posting that wonderful sentiment.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:20 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,135,872 times
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful experience. I've no doubt my babies are playing over there right now. In fact, I miss them more than humans. One day I know I'll see my babies and it will be wonderful!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM

2,806 posts, read 6,918,050 times
How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 PM

7,201 posts, read 13,008,301 times
Very inspiring. Many of my pets are there now..... waiting. One day I'll be joining them.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:11 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,419,480 times
Did you ever even doubt the Rainbow Bridge really exists?! I never did.

I hope Isabelle is happily playing there. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful moment. Your post brought tears to my eyes too.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 PM

2,053 posts, read 3,681,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
So many of you dear animal lovers were such a great support to me over on the "Dogs" forum when I was making and did make the decision to put my dear Isabelle to sleep on October 7. See:
A Letter to My Dog

I now have something beautiful and full of hope to share.

Last week, less than a week after Isabelle's death, a dear neighbor had come by to offer her condolences. She has been grieving the loss of one of her dogs this year. We were standing in my driveway teary-eyed and talking a little about "Rainbow Bridge." I had seen the poem before and had actually gotten a card that day with the "Rainbow Bridge" message on it. While I found it touching and somewhat comforting, I didn't quite know how to take it.
It started to sprinkle outside as we talked and the children were putting their toys in the garage when my daughter yelled "Look Mama! A rainbow!"
My friend and I turned our eyes to the sky over the trees and sure enough, there was the most precious sight - a rainbow in October! We both cried, hugged, and stared at it for the longest time, knowing that it was God's way of letting us know that our animals were safe and happy and free and in His care.
My neighbor left as the rainbow started to fade. The children and I stood there smiling up at it and waving "Hey Isabelle!" as it dissipated. I could not take my eyes off of it. But I finally did run in and get the camera and take a couple of pictures that actually show the fading "Rainbow Bridge." I will share them with you.
After that, I was awestruck and grateful for the rest of the evening. It has been a long time since I felt such peace. I had prayed for God to please help me with my great pain, and HE DID.
I still miss Isabelle terribly and feel sad, but not nearly as I did before last week's beautiful spiritual experience.
The next day we left for the NC mountains for a few days. On the way home, we were able to scatter some of Isabelle's ashes off the top of Mount Mitchell and at Crabtree Falls - two places that she loved to "hike" with us in her younger, happier, healthier days before we had children. She was born and raised in NC, so we will soon be taking some ashes to scatter at my parents' home in eastern NC as well.
So yes, my friends, RAINBOW BRIDGE DOES EXIST. I am truly humbled and blessed to say that I have seen it. May this give some of you that are hurting the hope and peace that you need.
~Kim
I'm relatively new to CD and also mourning, still mourning, the loss of my beloved kitty.

I understand your moment of Grace and thank you for sharing it with us.

FYI. There are pictures in the original post that may no have carried over to this post, so be sure to find them.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,892,625 times
Bless you, Kimmie, for sharing that beautiful moment with us. I am grieving the loss of our husky mix, he was put down at age 14 the day before I had mastectomy cancer surgery, very rough couple week it's been. I quickly wrote a poem for our boy when the vet told us it was time, just had a couple hours, so it's not a perfect writing, and it's personalized for our dog, but since you shared, I wanted to share the poem I read to our dog as he lay there and watched me read to him, he had the most pleasant playful expression on his face as he listened to me until the last two lines, when he closed his eyes.

GANDALF
c. by GG 2011

Gandalf is a king of a Golden Land
Where sunsets are misty purple and gold
He wears a robe of white, black and gold
One blue eye, our blue-eyed son

He is so sweet laying on our floor
But a noise in the street, and he stands
Like a soldier, ready to die for us
And so, too would we for him

A star is named for Gandalf the King
And he is the north star for our lives
We followed our magic mystic so far
We belong to him and his Golden Land

Golden days of our youth are ending
But our boy bequeaths us a golden key
To let us remember our walks forever
With Gandalf, a King of a Golden Land.

I live in the mountains of NC in Asheville, so I have been on some of the hikes you mention. Our favorite place to take Gandalf was the Carl Sandburg home, husband took a picture of me and Gandalf sitting at the fence where the goat herds are, he snapped it as I asked Gandalf, "What about those goats, Boy?" And he went, "Woof." He wasn't even full grown then. After my surgery, I was in so much pain I had to hide my feelings about Gandalf, but the following week, I usually step over his bed to turn on the lamp, but this time I just walked over it, and instantly felt the shame of my disbelief, and broke into big sobs, grabbed that photograph and stared at it, and as always could not believe just how beautiful his fur was and his presence, so intelligent. Our pets give so much, it is very hard to let them go. But you know, Kimmy, seeing your pictures helped me, reminded me that the Good Shepherd is indeed taking care of our doggie and kitty sons and daughters, until one day we too can visit the Golden Land just beyond the rainbow bridge, and walk along the paths of our youth with our best friends. God bless all kindly dog & cat owners, and especially God bless our doggies and kitties, we love them so, we love them so. GG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge