Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 AM

6,793 posts, read 8,987,649 times

Advertisements

My female Russian Blue cat, "Abbey" passed away sometime last night or this morning. She was 20 years old, sometimes very needy, but sometimes very sweet. She slept with me on many occasions when I would hold her like a teddy bear. No other cat I've ever had would let me do that. She was my baby and I know I will miss her.

I had planned to take her to the vet today for a checkup. A few days ago she started having trouble standing up. We think, perhaps, she had a stroke. Maybe she had another one last night that caused her to pass away.

She could be annoying at times, especially as she got older, but we loved her all the same. I know I will miss her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 AM
bjh

59,731 posts, read 30,177,339 times
Each pet has special qualities you always remember.

Sorry you lost your friend. But glad you gave her a good home for such a long life.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,587,238 times
Such a long, loved life. I believe she is now running the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. Many of my fur-babies were there to greet her. <<hugs>>

Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 PM

6,793 posts, read 8,987,649 times
Thanks for the kind words. As we all know, when you live with someone animal or person for 20 years it's very hard to get over losing them. I should keep reminding myself that it will take a while to accept that she is gone. I could have removed her litter box today but I didn't. I just didn't feel like getting rid of her things so soon.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,943,214 times
so sorry for your loss.....

20 years is a good LONG kitty life.... well loved and cared for .... and to pass gently in her sleep in the home she loved.... would that we could all have that.....

Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,004,302 times
((( zitsky))) It's so hard to lose someone you love. My heart goes out to you.

20yrsinBranson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
My female Russian Blue cat, "Abbey" passed away sometime last night or this morning. She was 20 years old, sometimes very needy, but sometimes very sweet. She slept with me on many occasions when I would hold her like a teddy bear. No other cat I've ever had would let me do that. She was my baby and I know I will miss her.

I had planned to take her to the vet today for a checkup. A few days ago she started having trouble standing up. We think, perhaps, she had a stroke. Maybe she had another one last night that caused her to pass away.

She could be annoying at times, especially as she got older, but we loved her all the same. I know I will miss her.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,507,423 times
Quote:
Funny how grouchy the older cats can be - but just as lovable as your grandmother. Unlike kids, from the age of 13 up, they tend to get closer to us. That just makes the loss that much harder.

Thinking of you and Abbey

Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,239,728 times
My condolences on the passing of Abbey. She had a nice long life and a loving family. Our Lucy passed at approximately age 25 (she was a stray and lived with us for 25 years so we don't really know how old) and I still think that I see her around the house. So expect to see Abbey every once in a while--she'll be keeping an eye on you. It's her turn to be your guardian angel. RIP Abbey.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,261,440 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. As we all know, when you live with someone animal or person for 20 years it's very hard to get over losing them. I should keep reminding myself that it will take a while to accept that she is gone. I could have removed her litter box today but I didn't. I just didn't feel like getting rid of her things so soon.
There is no need to hurry, about anything.

Maybe even better, to not make big decisions right now.

There are no rules, no should(s).

The litter box, the pet steps, stayed as long as I needed them to.

His water bowl, stays, forever.

20 years MEANS something, there is no need to "be strong"

These days you are grieving in good company.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 AM

262 posts, read 648,935 times
Wow.. she lived a long life. It must be tough.

Very sad. RIP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge