Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,418,059 times

Advertisements

It's never easy to lose a friend, your "baby".....member of your family!
I can imagine that it left you absolutely devastated and so sad. But, you have to be there now for your other pup, because he/ she might feel the loss so much more then you.
The only thing I can say is, that Wacky didn't seem to suffer, if it was that sudden. That's a little to be thankful for.
RIP Wacky puppy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 11:27 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,742,928 times
Unhappy Sunny, this is so sad...

Thank you for telling me: I hadn't seen this thread at all, so had no idea. (Forgive me, but I'm a cat person, and just never come over to the dog side of the forum...)

I'm so sorry for this huge loss ~ you've written of Wacky with such love and tenderness, it must be just the hardest thing.

Take care, dear friend! Many thoughts and prayers are just for you. . . .

Old 08-24-2007, 09:41 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,542,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Thank you for telling me: I hadn't seen this thread at all, so had no idea. (Forgive me, but I'm a cat person, and just never come over to the dog side of the forum...)

I'm so sorry for this huge loss ~ you've written of Wacky with such love and tenderness, it must be just the hardest thing.

Take care, dear friend! Many thoughts and prayers are just for you. . . .
Thank you. He was such a sweetheart.

When I was little I was a cat person, but when my Dad was sick, got my first shar-pei He is still here with us.

I truly love dogs. They have helped me through alot.

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 08-24-2007 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: add

Old 08-25-2007, 04:53 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,807,958 times
I just found this thread, and wanted to send my hugs & sympathies... I know how hard it is to lose a pet, but just remember all the great times with him. RIP sweet Wacky.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:01 PM

673 posts, read 3,140,612 times
I am so very sorry for your loss!!!! Big Hugs to you... I know Wacky is in a much better place with no pain and no sadness. I found this poem for a friend one time and thought I would share with you. Its very touching and its called Rainbow Bridge. God Bless

There is a bridge connecting heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches. The ears are up. The eyes are staring. And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.

In memory of all loving pets and their special friends...

Old 08-25-2007, 02:38 PM

570 posts, read 1,817,745 times
Sorry to hear about you loss. My terrior mix died Feb of 06' from a heart attack and he was 15y.o. I understand your pain, it was tough for me. I since then adopted to more dogs. Animals are truly a blessing in so many ways.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:30 PM

95 posts, read 337,100 times
I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. God bless you and comfort you. Thank you for the loved life you gave him. You are missed, sweet boy!

Old 08-25-2007, 06:52 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,672,071 times
Sunny, <<hugs>> it's been hard to respond -- hard to find words, everyones' sentiments can only be echoed, as they have all been beautiful. I feel and relate, it's so very hard.

WI-Girl posting Rainbow Bridge ... hugs to you as well :>)

Old 08-26-2007, 09:05 AM

673 posts, read 3,140,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Sunny, <<hugs>> it's been hard to respond -- hard to find words, everyones' sentiments can only be echoed, as they have all been beautiful. I feel and relate, it's so very hard.

WI-Girl posting Rainbow Bridge ... hugs to you as well :>)
Aw thanks...I just am such a big pet lover it tears me up when I hear people go through a loss. I just got an email from my coworker who had to put his sweet cat down yesterday. She was 10 years old and had diabetes. I still have tears running down my face. Pets are so important and can have such an impact in one's life. I hold all my animals very close to my heart. They are part of the family, children, and its just never easy to lose a child.

*Hugs*

Old 12-14-2007, 12:06 AM

429 posts, read 683,647 times
im sorry about your baby.there are no words that will express my sorrow for the loss of your best friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge