U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM

9,320 posts, read 17,694,508 times

Advertisements

My Motley joined his sister who died almost two years ago. He went out in classic Motley style and tried to bite the assistant. We will miss his big sloppy kisses. No more giants for us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM

19,857 posts, read 61,934,960 times
So sorry for your loss. I believe he is now running the great fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with his sister and lot of new friends. <<hugs>>

Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 AM

3,083 posts, read 3,776,822 times
I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm of the mind that generosity of heart is the biggest aspect of these giant dogs. It makes their all too short lives and the loss from their passing more intense and painful.

Thanks for sharing Motley with us while he was here. You gave him a wonderful and happy life.

Rest in peace, Motley.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM

1,457 posts, read 3,804,004 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. He's sounds like he was quite a character. May time ease your pain.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM

29,673 posts, read 72,052,351 times
Sorry to hear that. Mastiffs are so short lived. (We are on our third). However they are one of the most underrated dogs out there. Calm, stolid, reliable, consistent. Plus they scare the snot out of most potential bad guys just by existing.

We plant a tree over the grave of each mastiff. Unfortunately we are starting a grove. They sure are sweet while they are with us though.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM

We have been owned by three great Mastiffs. His sister was such a character and was the boss of poor Motley. They had a funny thing they did every evening when we would settle in to watch t.v where one of them would want to climb up on our couch with one of us. Fiona usually won this battle by running out to the front room and barking like someone was at the door which caused Motley to run out to do the same (even though he had no clue there was nobody around) then Fiona would come running back to the couch to take over. Then Motley would go out to the front and do the same barking causing Fiona to rush out to see what was up and here comes Motley back to claim the prize. This went on for a couple of minutes with Fiona back on the claimed territory and refusing to budge. We will miss them very much and we say "no more Mastiffs" now, but who knows, maybe a rescue in the future. Thank you all for the kind words.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM

29,673 posts, read 72,052,351 times
Have you been to the gentle giants website? They are a large dog rescue in CA and have lots of pretty mastiffs.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Have you been to the gentle giants website? They are a large dog rescue in CA and have lots of pretty mastiffs.
I signed up for a rescue site that sends me photos of Mastiffs and Boxers needing homes. Maybe down the road, but I still ache too much right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge