U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 AM

2,291 posts, read 5,283,630 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:45 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,954,309 times
She was a beautiful cat!! I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 AM

35,780 posts, read 65,132,029 times
My heart is breaking for you. I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Tippy Toes.

And thank you for sharing her story with us over the past two years.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 AM

88 posts, read 204,199 times
Default So Sorry...

In 2007 we had to say good bye to our 10 year old Great Dane Scooby, leaving us with our yellow Lab Barney and 2 cats, 18 year old Katie and 10 year old Gato. We had found Katie as a kitten and she had been our daughter's confidant growing up. Gato had stumbled into my Mom's life as a stray and we took him in when she passed away. To give Barney some company we adopted 2 rescue dogs in June and July of 2007, a 6 month old mixed breed named Louie and a year old black Lab we named Sam. Both were rescues and the rescue knew we had cats. I came home one evening after work and the 3 dogs were pretty rambunctious after being cooped up all day. I put them in our sun porch while I ran up to change clothes... Just a few minutes...and I didn't know Katie was out there when I closed the door to put them out there...anyway
Katie had been raised with big dogs and pretty much ran the house and them. As I walked through the family room and looked through the door to the sunroom I saw Sam with Katie swinging from his mouth like a sagging toy. She took her last breath in my arms. It was one of the worse nights of my life and I still feel the guilt 5 years later. The rescue said Sam had been around cats and never paid them much attention. My vet and my husband tried to convince me Katie died naturally and Sam was trying to bring her to me - but neither were here that night to see what I saw. And Gato is still kicking with no
stalking from the dogs. Just to let you know you are not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge