U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 874 times

Advertisements

I had to put my little poodle down yesterday he was 13 yrs old he was my constant companion all those yrs followed me everwhere and after my Husband death my only since my children was grown and married coming home from work always waiting for me and he slept with me everynight about a week ago he started breathing really hard i rushed him to vet they put him in oxgen chamber his oxygen level was very low he had CHF plus he had a collpase trachea for yrs which had collpase and he has hypothyroidism which he was on pills for so he always had a cough but this time it was bad they put him on heart med and lasix and a cough syrup he very quickly lost his appetite he ate only a few bits for that whole week i tried everything he was weak and everytime he went outside he had shortness of breath he seemed very unhappy yesterday he took another bad spell rushed him again to vet put him under oxgen his oxgen level was 80% they said their was nothing else could be done for him that he cant stay in oxgen rest of his life. I am so upset i have cried for two days i missed him so much i looked for him everywhere all i see are them big brown eyes now i am filled with guilt for putting him down but i could not let him live like that i dont understand he had the best of care why he had all these problems plus he ha lost most of his fur due to the thyroid condition and had all kind of fatty tumors and cysts they were going to do surgery to remove them and clean his teeth but his blood work was bad. what do you do to get over this guilt i loved him so much like a child i just cry all the time thinkink could i have done more are was it in his genes.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 11:17 AM

19,864 posts, read 60,015,703 times
So sorry for your loss. You did the best you could for him and he knew it. We don't live forever, we die of diseases despite the best treatment, so do our pets. My father died of CHF and watching him try to breath was painful. Your little guy is now running the great fields of the sky, happy, and healthy, with lots of new Friends. My little Charlie was there to show him the ropes. <<hugs>>

Old 07-15-2012, 01:51 PM

7,329 posts, read 14,560,931 times
It sounds like you did everything for him that anyone could do. He was a lucky boy to have such a caring owner. And when he couldn't enjoy life anymore, you did the best thing for him again, by letting him go. I know how very hard it is to do, but now he doesn't have to suffer any more. Time will ease your hurt, and eventually you'll think of your happy days with him more than the sad ones at the end. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:05 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,299,704 times
So sorry for your loss. May God bless you and help you through your grief as he has for me.
Please do not feel guilty. You did what you had to do so he would not suffer. He will be waiting for you when the day comes.
((Hugs))
Okie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge