Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 04:25 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

My Boston Terrier, Yoshi passed on Feb. 28th, 2013. He's been in good health all along. It was quite sudden. It started with him walking with slight imbalance one day out of the blue. He was going to go to the vet the next day, but "appeared" fine the next 5 days in a row. The next morning, I could obviously tell he was not good & took him to the vet where he got a blood test, which turned out normal & Metacam shot & its med to take home.

Thurs., the 28th, he went downhill & was completely limp when I took him back to the vet. The x-ray showed an enlarged heart, arthritis in parts of his spine, & liquid in his lungs. The vet said it was better to put him down because there's no guarantees that the tried treatments would work. He was euthenized that evening! With one injection, he was gone in 2 seconds & I was with him till the end.

I will miss him terribly, terribly, terribly! He was my baby & a true friend & way too young to leave this earth! :c rying:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 08:11 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
I'm very sorry. A dog's normal lifespan is already too short, and when you lose them young it just doesn't seem fair. Know that you gave Yoshi a lot of love and a good life in those short years, and take comfort in that.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So sorry for your loss. I had a cat that died of cardiomegaly, maybe that is what he had? I believ e he is now running the great fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Pete and charlie were there to greet him. <hugs>>

Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 PM

The vet said he might have had a mild stroke when I first brought him (which was the 2nd to last day on this earth). The blood test was normal as determined on his last morning alive. I think I may have 1st brought him into the vet a little too late. He showed a slight imbalance one night out of the blue. I was going to take him to the vet the next day, but he seemed fine the next 5 days in a row, so I hoped it was a one-time thing. Then, the following morning after that, I could tell something was wrong because he couldn't stand & walk around well, so I took hm to the vet for the 1st time that morning where a blood test, Metacam injection & Metacam meds were sent home. I did the least expensive things first to see how things went, then was going to have an x-ray done the next time, but it was too late. He was very limp on his last day when I rushed him back to the vet for the 2nd time & the vet said it was best to put him down.

Thinking back, precious time was wasted during those 5 days when he "appeared" fine & I did nothing.

If I ever get a dog again, I'm not making that mistake again. It's best to get your dog checked out ASAP at the first signs of something wrong...even if they seem fine afterwards.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
My Boston Terrier, Yoshi passed on Feb. 28th, 2013. He's been in good health all along. It was quite sudden. It started with him walking with slight imbalance one day out of the blue. He was going to go to the vet the next day, but "appeared" fine the next 5 days in a row. The next morning, I could obviously tell he was not good & took him to the vet where he got a blood test, which turned out normal & Metacam shot & its med to take home.

Thurs., the 28th, he went downhill & was completely limp when I took him back to the vet. The x-ray showed an enlarged heart, arthritis in parts of his spine, & liquid in his lungs. The vet said it was better to put him down because there's no guarantees that the tried treatments would work. He was euthenized that evening! With one injection, he was gone in 2 seconds & I was with him till the end.

I will miss him terribly, terribly, terribly! He was my baby & a true friend & way too young to leave this earth! :c rying:
What can any of us say except, our hearts go out to you and your baby. That is so young, but it does happen. Our granddaughter lost her Pill who was about the same age a few years ago: not much warning and appeared to be as healthy as they come. She was a real sweety I will add.

Time does heal, but that isn't what you want to hear and that isn't what you think right now. btw; do not blame yourself. If he had even a mild stroke, (this happned to one of our dogs) it would not have made much difference period. A mild stroke in a dog will often lead to a major stroke before long or something else.

Nita

Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I know this will take time to ease the pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge