Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:17 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

Her name was Kato, or "sweet baby girl." Born in 1994, named after Kato Kaelin and/or Nicole Simpson's Akita Kato. Loved the name when I heard it and we hadn't named her yet even though she was two months old by then. Our family was so blessed to have her in our lives. I know she lived a long time, but I would love to have 19 more years...

Last edited by luzianne; 06-05-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
I'm sorry for your loss...what a beautiful cat...

Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Her name was Kato, or "sweet baby girl." Our family was so blessed to have her in our lives. I know she lived a long time, but I would love to have 19 more years...
Beautiful name for a beautiful, sweet kitty. Luzianne, they NEVER live long enough, and it feels just about unbearable when they leave us. But it sounds like Kato had a wonderful life with you. In time, you'll take much comfort from that.

If you have more photos, I know we would love to see them!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Beautiful name for a beautiful, sweet kitty. Luzianne, they NEVER live long enough, and it feels just about unbearable when they leave us. But it sounds like Kato had a wonderful life with you. In time, you'll take much comfort from that.

If you have more photos, I know we would love to see them!

Thanks to you and everyone else for caring. I know all of you understand that she wasn't "just a cat." As you can see, our bed was her bed. I don't want to throw away her litter box because her footprints are in the litter. I don't want to wash the blanket on our bed because that is where she was two days ago. I don't want to wash the shirt I was wearing the last time I held her. She still has food and water in the kitchen. The bedroom light is still on because she didn't like to be in there alone without the light on (even in the daytime). Instead, she would lay there awake with her eyes fixed on the doorway, waiting for me to come and take a nap with her. I kept my lighted makeup mirror on as a nightlight at night because she was starting to have trouble jumping on the bed during the night and I wanted to make sure she could see. I slept with my makeup mirror on the last two nights. Told my husband not to touch any of her things and I will get rid of them when I'm ready. He is the type that walks around turning off lights in the house when they don't need to be on. But he has left the bedroom light on.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:14 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,912 times
I am so sorry. I can't even imagine. My cat is 12, and I just hate to think about the day it happenes. But she is an indoor cat, Siamese and from what I have read, she should be around for another 7 years.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
What a beautiful baby. 19 is a long time for her to live and it sounds like she was cherished and well cared for. Please don't feel guilty. She probably waited for you to come home and was ready to go when you got there. My sincere condolences.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,802,649 times
Your baby was very beautiful. I am profoundly sorry for your loss. My sweet Spooky died just over a year ago, and I still can't talk about him without crying. We bond so deeply with those who do not judge or condemn us, with those who love and trust unconditionally. I agree with others who say you were a good mom. You should not feel guilty about your baby. She knew you loved her. You were with her in the end. Her life was the best with you. Let that give you some peace.

Hugs and love to you, dear one.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
Your baby was very beautiful. I am profoundly sorry for your loss. My sweet Spooky died just over a year ago, and I still can't talk about him without crying. We bond so deeply with those who do not judge or condemn us, with those who love and trust unconditionally. I agree with others who say you were a good mom. You should not feel guilty about your baby. She knew you loved her. You were with her in the end. Her life was the best with you. Let that give you some peace.

Hugs and love to you, dear one.
Thank you. I am sorry that you lost Spooky. You are right about how they love us. My kids used to say, "You love the cat more than you love us!" (they loved her too). I told them that she was nicer to me than any "person" in the world; she was always happy to see me, never rude, never mean, wouldn't leave my side if I was sick, and just 100% loved me.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:05 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Kato. Cats are the masters of hiding illness, try not to blame yourself. I'm so glad you were with her when she left. I agree with your decision not to force yourself to make any changes in the house until you are ready. You are still in shock. Be gentle with yourself.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Kato. Cats are the masters of hiding illness, try not to blame yourself. I'm so glad you were with her when she left. I agree with your decision not to force yourself to make any changes in the house until you are ready. You are still in shock. Be gentle with yourself.
Thank you for the kind words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge