Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:35 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times

Advertisements

So sorry to hear this. Personally, I don't think there's much of a way to make it easier. Whether sudden or long expected, it's still a loss that is tough to bear. 19 years, that's a good long life for a cat, and while it's natural to second guess those last decisions, it's very likely there was no way to change the outcome. So try not to too caught up in that. Step back and take care of yourself. It's only been a couple days and it's going to be rough, but hang in there and you'll get through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 05:44 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Luzianne - you can never imagine how many people cry for you and your Kato. Our hearts break with yours.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
I, too, share in your grief. We lost a kitty to diabetes last March, its still painful. I know the feelings of guilt, too. I felt I should have seen Marshmallow getting sick, but he seemed fine until just a few days before he died. We can't control life and death, we just do our best to get through it with as much happiness and as little pain as possible.

Take care, the grief will ease in time, but you will never forget your little fur baby!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Really sorry for your loss. You did a great job with her. I hope you will feel better soon. ((hugs))

Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Her name was Kato, or "sweet baby girl." Born in 1994, named after Kato Kaelin and/or Nicole Simpson's Akita Kato.
I love it ... We had a cat named Kato for a short time, a stray Siamese kitten. My little sister named him after the Kato character in some of the Pink Panther movies -- Inspector Clouseau's valet. The kitten would hide in doorways and pounce on your ankles when you walked by, just like Kato did in the movies. Alas, he did not get along with the cat we already had, so we found him a new home.

Quote:
I know she lived a long time, but I would love to have 19 more years...
Ain't it the truth. I still miss my childhood cat sometimes -- if she were still alive, she'd be 44!

Of course you'll miss Kato. Thanks for sharing her pictures with us -- I have no doubt she was much prettier than her pictures reflect.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 PM

149 posts, read 256,798 times
I am so sorry to hear about this, I know it is so hard losing a pet but remember all the good times you have had and that your cat is on it's next life now

Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
I am truly sorry for your loss - and she was indeed a beautiful girl. Please, do not beat yourself up - it doesn't sound like there was anything you did wrong - I believe it was simply her time to go. Please take solace in the fact that you did have 19 beautiful years with her - and you were probably the best friend she ever had in her life. I'm glad that you got to spend these last few weeks with her, and I know that you will treasure her memory and remember her in your mind and heart for the rest of your life. You did your very best by her, and remember that cats will "hide" symptoms until the very end - you had no reason to suspect there was anything wrong. I'm glad your husband didn't have to endure this without you, as he would probably feel guilty too - it was nothing that you did that caused this. I'm sure that you didn't hurt her trying to pick her up - she was probably uncomfortable anyway and your just being there at that time to comfort her was all she really needed. I know you are heartbroken now, and truthfully you will be for quite a while. I have lost many over the years, and I can close my eyes and still see them and I think of them, and I still miss them, and I still cry for them. Bonds of love are strong - and they never go away. I will be thinking of you, take care, OK?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Luzianne - you can never imagine how many people cry for you and your Kato. Our hearts break with yours.
Very true and very well said MissNM.

I am so sorry for your loss. You are not alone. You gave Kato a wonderful life full of love and affection. Hugs to you.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Am also very sorry for your loss. Kato was blessed to have had you as her mom! You gave her a wonderful home filled with love.

I wish there were a simple remedy to heal faster.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
I'm so sorry.

My wife and I have three children, all feline.

When they pass a grown man will cry uncontrollably for days.

You will see your baby again.
She is with you now, I guarantee it.

May God bless you, your family and her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge