Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:06 AM

11 posts, read 12,696 times

Advertisements

Our Cat Mimi was eleven years old when she died on Tuesday.We had taken her in almost 3 years ago when our neighbor died in a fire.When our neighbor was alive we took care of Mimi everyday for five years.She showed few signs she was sick,except laying underneath my uncle's table for long stretches of time,but at night she would cuddle up and sleep with me on my pillow,and she was still eating.On Tuesday afternoon,I heard this horrible long meow and a hard thump and ran out of the bathroom.Mimi was lying on her side convulsing staring straight ahead for what seemed like minutes and then she was gone.I became hysterical screaming Mimi's name over and over again.Still don't understand how she could pass away so suddenly.We brought her to the humane society and paid for a group cremation,only to find out that she will not be buried with other animals but will be disposed of by the town of Babylon Long Island.Now I am totally upset that her cremains will be treated like garbage.

Last edited by Franny50; 06-07-2013 at 01:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
I'm so very sorry...I know how hard it can be.
It's little consolation, I know, but at least she didn't suffer from a prolonged and painful illness.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:09 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
I'm very sorry about Mimi. It hurts so much to lose our furry friends. You were so kind to help your neighbor care for her and then take her in. Don't dwell on what will become of her remains. Her spirit will be with her former owner, and looking down on you with love for all you did for her. ((Hugs))

Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I'm sorry to read about Mimi. You gave her excellent care and a loving home.

I know it hurts about her cremation, but what really mattered to Mimi began the day you met her, and every day after that until the day she died. Hang in there.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
So sorry for your loss. She had a good life with you and knew she was loved - focus on that. Sometimes seizures can be a sign of kidney failure as toxins build up in the blood and get in the brain. I believe she is now running the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Buster and Katrina were there t greet her. <<hugs>>

Old 06-07-2013, 02:04 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
So sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our Emily on Monday 6/3/13. It is very hard. My heart goes out to you.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
Very sorry for your sudden loss of Mimi. It is never easy, but especially when you are not prepared. You loved her, gave her a wonderful home and she lived a good life. RIP Mimi.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:49 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I'm so sorry. I lost Kato a day before you lost Mimi. Like Mimi, Kato acted pretty much normal but she was laying in a corner between the bed and the wall a lot, which wasn't like her. She was breathing a little faster. But she didn't act sick or in pain or short of breath, and like Mimi, she would get up on the bed and want to be petted.

They are really good at hiding when they are in distress and don't complain like we would. I so wish that both of our babies had complained so we would know something was very wrong and maybe could have gotten them help.

Again, I am so sorry about Mimi. I definitely know what you are feeling.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
I am so sorry about Mimi. But do not stress over the cremation. Her remains were mixed with the remains of many other beloved animals - she is neither alone, nor forgotten. The remains will deteriorate with the other matter and literally become fertile soil; her remains are being returned to the same earth that she so dearly loved.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,428 times
I loved my dog to pieces but had absolutely NO interest in getting her ashes. Don't be hard on yourself about the group cremation...the important thing was that you loved her and gave her a good home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge