Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times

Advertisements

She just died tonight. The thread about it is here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...o-blondie.html

I just wish you could have known her. I wish you could have heard her soft, little meows. I used to kid with her about her "pathetic meows". They were so delicate, so soft. God she was such a sweet girl.

As I said in the other thread, I used to call her Blondie Snacks. I would sing the tune from the Cracker Jacks song to her.

"Caramel coated Blondie Snacks!" and then I would say, in the highest pitched voice I could, "When you're really cute, they call you Blondie Snacks."

I don't care if people think that's annoying, she LOVED it.

Such a sweet girl. So kind. So soft. So affectionate. She would follow me around and talk to me, with her little pathetic meows. Barely even a real meow, they were so soft and little.

When I would pet her, for the first years of her life, she would slink as low to the ground as she could when being petted as if she couldn't stand it. But she always begged for more so she did like it. Only this last year or so did she start bonking her little head in to my hand. She always walked around with her tail straight up in the air, just as happy as she could be. Such a happy cat, she was always so happy.

She was so funny, too. Always so funny, and so patient with me. So trusting. I took this photo as a joke. Of course the stove was not on. She was in there long enough for me to snap a photo and then off again, but it illustrates how so patient and trusting she was with me:

I have had her since she was born. I had rescued her mom. Her mom was ready to have kittens by the time I did rescue the mom and Blondie was one of the kittens. Here is Blondie with her mom:

I saw Blondie as she was being born. I saw her in her first few moments of life. And, unfortunately, tonight I saw her in her last few moments of life. She was 5.

I don't want to talk about how she died, read the other thread...it's too upsetting. I just want to remember her....how much I loved this little cat, and how wonderful and goofy she was.

God...I miss her so much already. I don't know what I believe in, but I hope with everything that I have that we will be reunited with our little pets again, someday. I want to hold my little Blondie again. I want to hear her little purrs...and most especially, I want to hear that pathetic little meow.

I can't believe I'm typing this post. I thought I had several more years before I ever had to make a post here. I cannot believe this just happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 AM

454 posts, read 793,385 times
She's lovely! I like the little "M" on her forehead... i read somewhere cats that have an "M" on their heads are blessed by the Egyptian cat goddess Bastet!

Blondie will be with you always; and yes i believe we will ALL be reunited after the long sleep.

Rest gently, sweet kitty

Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. May Blondie rest in peace. She is no longer in pain.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:01 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,216 times
I am so very sorry, she was a doll! She has earned her wings, and will be with you forever...in your heart.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:04 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
She is absolutely beautiful TWIS!! Blondie was VERY lucky to have such a loving Mom like you in her life. HUGS!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:32 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
So sorry for your loss. I believe she is now running the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Katrina and Buster were there to greet her. <<hugs>>

Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
Beautiful baby girl.....she looks very petite and girly. I do believe that we will hold our fur children again - I'm counting on it!!! Until that time comes - our hearts and minds will hold the memories dear.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
What a beautiful little girl!!!!!

I am so sorry for your loss

Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,821,998 times
Such a cutie, no wonder you sang to her. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved fur baby. While her life was short, I know you made it a great one and that's all we can do for our little friends. Be at peace and smile at the great memories.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:45 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge