Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,828 times

Advertisements

I lost my little Westie, the love of my life and my best friend 2 days ago - I am devastated and will never get over it. I dont know I am going to cope not seeing Willies little face looking at me everyday and making the biggest fuss of me when I come home every evening. My whole body is over taken with total and utter grief and I have the biggest lump in my throat. Cant sleep or eat and cant stop crying over him. He is gone 3 days now and I miss him so much it hurts like I've never hurt before.

He was sick for a while with arthritis and his breathing but even though he was on medication, he will to live and love for life and for his family was so strong that I am know that is what kept him going thru it all. Im so proud of him and thank god for giving him to me to look after for nearly 13 years. They wanted to cremate him but we couldnt handle his little body being burnt so we bought a doggie casket and buried him out the back at our shed where the sun shines everyday. I planted a tree a few years ago and so he's buried under that with the blanket he used when alive wrapped around him along with his favorite toy and a letter from me telling him how much he meant to me and always will is placed in between his arms. I am so glad my little Willie is home where he belongs and is buried in the spot where he used to sit and let the sun rays fall on his little face.
Im so heart broken - I just cant believe that he is gone but I am praying that his little spirit is with me and that he is now free to run around his favorite park pain free with the biggest smile on his face - and what a smile he had. He was beautiful in everyway and his personality was so so special. Nobody can every replace him and I told him to keep the piece of my heart that he took the day he passed until we met again.

Please say a prayer for Willie and me.

Thank you.
J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,704,038 times
So sorry for your loss. I believe he is now running the great fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Alixe and Charlie were there to greet him. <<hugs>>

Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 AM

653 posts, read 1,782,524 times
I so feel your pain, I just had to put my beloved Boxer Astro to sleep this past Friday night. He had major arthritis issues in his back which affected his spine. He no longer could walk and lost bodily functions (bowel movements). He was miserable. It was the best thing to do. Thankfully, my son was with me and we both cried like babies has he had passed on while we held him. I have had many dogs in my life (actually lost count over the 56 years I've been here), Astro was amongst the best.

The way I see this is the pain of the loss, as bad as it is, will be transformed to an attitude of gratitude that I was able to have him as long as we did (just shy of 8 years). I hope and pray that God gives you strength to overcome your grief and keep on moving forward with precious memories in tow. I know it's tough, believe me, I know. You'll get through this. Better days are coming for you.. if you let them, and I'm sure you'll have other great dogs that you'll enjoy.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:39 AM

3 posts, read 5,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMod View Post
I lost my little Westie, the love of my life and my best friend 2 days ago - I am devastated and will never get over it. I dont know I am going to cope not seeing Willies little face looking at me everyday and making the biggest fuss of me when I come home every evening. My whole body is over taken with total and utter grief and I have the biggest lump in my throat. Cant sleep or eat and cant stop crying over him. He is gone 3 days now and I miss him so much it hurts like I've never hurt before.

He was sick for a while with arthritis and his breathing but even though he was on medication, he will to live and love for life and for his family was so strong that I am know that is what kept him going thru it all. Im so proud of him and thank god for giving him to me to look after for nearly 13 years. They wanted to cremate him but we couldnt handle his little body being burnt so we bought a doggie casket and buried him out the back at our shed where the sun shines everyday. I planted a tree a few years ago and so he's buried under that with the blanket he used when alive wrapped around him along with his favorite toy and a letter from me telling him how much he meant to me and always will is placed in between his arms. I am so glad my little Willie is home where he belongs and is buried in the spot where he used to sit and let the sun rays fall on his little face.
Im so heart broken - I just cant believe that he is gone but I am praying that his little spirit is with me and that he is now free to run around his favorite park pain free with the biggest smile on his face - and what a smile he had. He was beautiful in everyway and his personality was so so special. Nobody can every replace him and I told him to keep the piece of my heart that he took the day he passed until we met again.

Please say a prayer for Willie and me.

Thank you.
J
I ,too, had a Westie and she lived to be 16 years old. My Jilly was the light of my life. The only consolation was that she was not suffering when she was laid to rest here at home on her pillow. I too,wrapped her in a baby blanket, and buried her in our yard. I placed some lime stones on her grave and planted a rose bush at the head. It has been over two years now. We never get over it but we learn to deal with it better. I cry every time it blooms but it brings me comfort at the same time and it is like she has given it life.
Westies don't complain or show the pain they are in. They are stalwart little soldiers and would remain happily with you no matter how bad they were feeling. You did the right thing for Willie! I have had five Westies in my lifetime and there is no other dog like them. They are the best of the terrier breed, even by their own standard. May you find peace in knowing you are not alone. The greatest act of love is to let them go and end their suffering. Cherish your wonderful memories of your beautiful little boy, Willie...

Old 05-03-2014, 05:50 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,514,608 times
I'm so sorry. We all have a piece of our hearts missing for each beloved pet we put down. No one knows the pain we suffer unless we go through the loss ourselves. ((((HUGE HUGS FOR YOU))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge