Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:53 PM

107 posts, read 130,352 times

Advertisements

Months ago I wrote a post about my dog dying. Kidney problems and she got better but sometimes she would get sick and she would have to go back but the last time I took her the results were normal and I was happy but she died yesterday. She was put to sleep. I vomited yesterday 2 times and didn't eat. I saw on the newspaper where she goes to the bathroom blood. She was peeing blood. I had to take her to the emergency vet clinic and they wanted to do many exams and I only picked 2 because of the pricing but they told me on those 2 tests they only found 1 part a little above average, the kidney blood. They would need to do the other exams to find out more. I spent at least $1,000 for her kidney problems and she would have to take supplements for the rest of her life, supplements which cost $100 every 6 weeks. I decided to put her to sleep because she had to many health problems and I could no longer afford. I spent $300 yesterday. I believed it was time to put her down. They did suggest antibiotics and an injection but I just couldn't do it. If the dog got would have to take her to the hospital again today which would cost another $100 just to see her. The last time the dog was sick I didn't work for 1 week and I spent most of the time crying in my room and being depressed but felt better when I was allowed to take her back. Her name is Angie. She was a mixed terrier and in August she would have been 11 years old in human years. My brothers, the real owners, didn't really help pay. They didn't take care of her. I made this my responsibility since I believe humans and animals deserve to live. I'm a vegetarian. This week I will turn 30. It's like I'm starting a new life cycle. I really miss her. She was buried in my backyard all the way in the back next to pine trees. I visited her several times today.

Last night I had a dream about her, that she was buried closer to the house-- the door where she used the most which led to the garage which is attached to the house. In the dream she came out of the hole she was buried in and looked normal and went immediately for the door and I opened it. She didn't pay much attention to me. She just went straight to the door which I opened for her. What I got from the dream is that she's still alive. I believe animals have souls. I am really depressed. I've been crying a lot but less than the 1st time she got sick. It's like I knew this was going to happen. I was blessed with more months with her and I took a lot of pictures and videos of her and with her. She was put to sleep 1 hour after I decided she would. I didn't watch her and I'm glad. All of this time I've been saying I would but didn't. I guess I felt I didn't have to since my dad was there. But if he wasn't then I would of done it. I kissed her many times yesterday and looked at her eyes and told her I loved her and to remember me and I walked her. Most importantly I gave her water. She's picky and many times when we went to the animal hospital I could tell she is thirsty but still doesn't drink because she wants to leave and as soon we get home she goes straight to the bowl of water. I gave her 2 large injection tubes of fresh water directly to her mouth. I couldn't have her die while being thirsty. Maybe I could of given her more but I felt I gave her enough. I kissed her on the head 3 times and left while looking at her and I closed the door but opened it again to take another look and saw her looking at me and she then stopped to look at another direction (my dad) who was in the room with her. I said her name in my mind and shut the door before she turned my way again and left outside to cry.

I am very depressed and I get sad when I think of her being buried. I will always remember her. I'm going to be 30 soon but she was the first I lost. I lost family members but never really knew them since they live in another country. I consider my dog a close family member. I miss cuddling and kissing her. She was so cute. I would tell her that many times. I don't have any friends in life. She was my friend and still is.

This is a picture of her

Last edited by EdwinM; 07-27-2014 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 05:04 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,416,292 times
Angie was a beautiful little girl! She was so lucky to have you when your brothers didn't take the proper care of her. It's natural to feel so distressed over losing a dog. You'll never stop missing her, but as time goes on, you'll be able to enjoy the happy memories you have more. Take it easy on yourself for now, and let yourself grieve.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:05 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,241 times
She looks like a sweetie and you gave her love.

you will always remember her and think of the good times.

i am sorry you lost her.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:05 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,546 times
I'm sorry for your loss, OP. Try to be gentle with yourself at this time. It sounds like Angie had some insurmountable health issues and that euthanasia was the humane and loving choice for her.

Many of us on this board have experienced the loss of a beloved pet. We know how hard it is. I lost my Bandit almost 2 years ago, and I miss him still. But the pain and grief eases. I don't think we ever forget them or stop loving them, and I think there's a spot inside that will always mourn and yearn for them, but as time goes on, it gets easier to live without them.

Also, try not to feel bitter toward your brothers for not helping to pay for her treatments. Dwelling on that will not serve you right now while you feel so sad and depressed about Angie. Easier said than done, I know.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:26 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
We lost our 15 year old Daisy last week. The pain is terrible, but we have to remember the 15 years we had together and all the happiness and love she gave us.

If you've never heard of the Rainbow Bridge, I hope this helps you:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:59 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,022 times
EdwinM, I remember your posts a while back about Angie...despite your brothers not properly caring for her, Angie was very lucky to have you and your Dad looking out for her. You know Edwin, we do the best we can do for our pets based on many factors...I think you made the right decision for Angie. Don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure Angie knew she was loved.

Rest in peace pretty girl. I'm so sorry you're missing Angie.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:57 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,056,830 times
I'm sorry for your loss. You did the right thing...the last thing you want for your baby is for her to suffer.

I lost my 6 year old baby a little over a month ago. It was very difficult to go through. The first week is the worst. Eventually time does heal. After a while you will be able to think of her and smile, and you will find more joy in your memories. It still hurts and I miss him every day, but I can at least get through the day without crying now.

Every night for the first week I had dreams about Sam. Eventually they stopped, and I can't decide if I'm glad they stopped. It was nice to see him in my dreams, but there was also that feeling of disappointment when you wake up and he's still gone.

She was lucky to have you and please pm me if you need anything.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
We lost our 15 year old Daisy last week. The pain is terrible, but we have to remember the 15 years we had together and all the happiness and love she gave us.

If you've never heard of the Rainbow Bridge, I hope this helps you:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.
where did you get this story from? Is it based on a specific religious belief that animals have an afterlife? Moderator cut: don't insult people who are just trying to offer you comfort

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-28-2014 at 07:11 PM..

Old 08-02-2014, 09:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
my sympathy goes out to you and to anyone else who has seen their loved doggies leave earth and go to heaven. We have a wonderful little Shih Tzu that is about 13. We don't know cause he was a stray, but regardless, we have just learned he has a neurological disorder and his back legs are not working right. There is really nothing that can be done. Is he going to die in the near future? We hope not, is he suffering? According to the vet, not now, but we do know the printing is on the wall and it breaks my heart just to see how quickly he has slowed down. I hope it is years before I have to enter a post that says Mr. Sumo is gone.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:46 PM

My life with my dog feels incomplete. I feel incomplete without my dog here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge