U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 PM

9 posts, read 81,025 times

Advertisements

Thank you folks for your kind words. They have been very comforting :-) Kateg, I know just what you mean. The day he passed on and the day after, I kept seeing Crunch out of the corner of my eye. I didn't say anything to my husband, but a day later he mentioned that he'd been seeing him following him around, too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 PM

48,508 posts, read 88,612,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellofromme! View Post
Has anyone been through this? You know it is the right thing to do because your baby is so ill with no chance but you can't help but feel you let them down. It is especially difficult having saved the animal from sure death only to have to go through this. The sunrise that morning was the worst thing I have ever seen. I miss that dog more than anything.
Basically what you need to really realise that your feeling for yourself becaue you miss him/her. he/she is not hurting. As my wifes say out Bogey is at te brige playing like a pup waiting for us. Celebrate the good times and forget the worse and look forward to that time when you will be together again.It takes time but you were thyere when he needed to just pass-on.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 AM

15,823 posts, read 28,163,437 times
Every morning when I drive past the meadow where my BC/corgi mix boys ran, looking all the world like herding dogs in Scotland, I say Kiko's name and sort of greet him. I prefer to remember him running in the meadow (with oversized tail and tongue flapping) and miss him that way then remember him going down over eight weeks with liver failure.
His brother is still with me, almost 14, and his running days are also behind him. But he's not sick, so I work on accepting aging and changes and all that poignance.
I sort of compartmentalize the missing him part. I also think of the other dogs I've lost (although the two I got as puppies have a sort of special place, and were more woven into my life than the seniors I've adopted). I guess I just say the dog's name and think of him and pretending I'm calling him and caress his name as I say it.
It did take some time for this to become my mourning routine and not a fresh pain. Thinking of you.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM

78 posts, read 205,335 times
Default going into depression

Brightdoglover, I became teary reading your post. That is such a beautiful way of telling your story.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 AM

11 posts, read 14,219 times
I just had to put my beautiful English Mastiff down of 10 and a half years, I have never been so heartbroken in all my life. Making that final decision for that beautifl companion of mine was the most hardest thing I have ever had to do. I miss that dog so much everyday, and I wonder if I will ever be the same again. He meant so much to me and not having him here to share my life with anymore is so lonely to wake up to everyday and to go to bed at night without him in my life, that night after I had him put down, I woke up in the night hearing him whining, the way he sounded when he was wanting me. Then I heard it again few nights later, it kind of disturbs me because, its a whine he did when he wanted me, I was with him the whole time of his passing, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, although very hard to go thru, we had been thru everything together in life, so why wouldn't I be there for that? If the tables were turned he'd have been there for me, he is greatly missed, and the love of my life. To all the others out there that has lost a dear friend, I feel for you, and feel your pain too, we will help each other thru it. I did have my best friend cremated, his presence is very strong in my house, but that makes me just want to touch him more and more and I know I can't ever again, God Bless!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 AM

1,424 posts, read 4,940,722 times
grits, I am sorry for your loss. I hope that your sad thoughts quickly turn to happy memories of your times together. Take care of yourself...

Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Thanks, it really helps to know you have support groups to help you thru this, others that have been thru it, take care~

Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 AM

Can anyone out there help me with why I may have heard the whining from my pet the night I had to put him down? It awakened me out of my sleep, just like I heard him when he use to do it sometimes, It was kind of concerning because it made me feel like he was wondering where I was at, like he was looking for me somewhere, thanks!

Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,109,218 times
Grits I'm so sorry for the loss of your buddy. But you are among people here who understand and support you.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:23 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,150,891 times
I second what the other posters have said. I also am so sorry for your loss and you are not alone I have as I am sure others have heard or caught a glimpse of their beloved pets that have gone on to the rainbow bridge. After all these yrs I still think I see a glimpse of my little Corgi terrier out of the corner of my eye. She had to be put down because of cancer after months of taking care of her one morning she woke me up crying and I just knew it was time. Embrace the loss of your beloved baby even talk to him this may sound crazy to some people but talking to him as if he were still with you will help heal your heart and allow his spirit to go on over the bridge knowing that you are going to be ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge