Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times

Advertisements

that's so very sad but you did the right thing for Bailey. Quality of life means everything.
It'll probably be a rollercoaster of emotions for a while but those memories of your Bailey will be sweet one day. He was a beautiful and lucky cat. I had to put mine to sleep a year ago (she was 12) and it was hard and I understand what it must be like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 01:04 PM

96 posts, read 356,697 times
Cyber hugs to you....You have precious memories of your baby. Someday you will be together again.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:02 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Sorry to hear about your cat. I went through that with my first cat and remember how it feels.

Hugs.

ac

Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
I wanted to thank everyone for being so kind and supportive.
The puppy keeps looking for him and it breaks my heart ...they were buddies.
When I get home I'm tempted to say "honey, can you let Bailey in" and then I remember.
I expect to hear his meow and his dinging bell ...and then I remember.

BUT!!!!!! We are happy. We have a healthy puppy, we have each other and that silly cat of mine knew I loved him because he was purring until I handed him over. We figured God created him, gave him to us for a while and then it was just time to give him back.
I saved his favorite stinky toy and we put everything else away.
Someone asked if I wanted another cat and I don't think I want another pet for a while. My hands are full w/ a crazy puppy!!!
But tonight I did ask my husband if we could use Bailey as the middle name of our first child. ...He laughed and said "Kel, your almost werid.... ...I'll consider it".

I just wanted to say we are ok and happy. We don't believe in sitting on the past so we are appreciate it and the time we had w/ that wonderful kitty of mine

Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
I'm sorry about Bailey. He was a beautiful cat and you gave him a good life. It's unfortunate that we only get to "borrow" our pets for a short time, but there's a reason for that, I'm sure.

Enjoy your puppy!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,604 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have had to do this myself and its a lot harder then people may realize.

It seems like your coping very well, I will say a prayer for Bailey today.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:18 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,095 times
Hope you feel better. I cried both times I put my animals to sleep. A cat and dog about 12 years old each...it hurts.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:31 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
Someone asked if I wanted another cat and I don't think I want another pet for a while. My hands are full w/ a crazy puppy!!!
When I lost my first cat people kept asking if I was going to get another cat. I would tell them yes, and I knew I probably would, but it was a few months before I wanted to. It just didn't feel right to rush out and get another cat.

You'll know when it's the right time to get another kitty.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
When I lost my first cat people kept asking if I was going to get another cat. I would tell them yes, and I knew I probably would, but it was a few months before I wanted to. It just didn't feel right to rush out and get another cat.

You'll know when it's the right time to get another kitty.
I probably would like another one day But to many people have called to tell me about kittens ...so while I appreciate the efforts, I need time. I got two phone calls last night about free kittens from some friends of friends. That Bailey wasn't a family pet, he was my first pet as a adult. He was my boy! I loved him like every kid loves their childhood dog. I have never been that close to a cat and I just need some space.
I have told my husband this might be the last cat. Cat's are s tricky when they get sick, dogs kinda throw themselves on you w/ a arrow pointing to their boo boo. Also, you rarely know what your getting when you get a cat but a dog comes a little more breed specific. I guess this whole thing really wounded me. I fought for 4 years to keep him happy and I kinda feel like I lost in the end. HE was only 10. ...I just vented ....sorry. I'm all up and down.
I swear the puppy is looking for him ..my husband says he thinks it's just me missing him. He could be right. I think Cody notices something in our routine is missing and he knows he use to have a cat buddy. I think he also knows I'm a little low key compared to my norm.

Last edited by kelly3120; 01-17-2008 at 07:25 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,519 posts, read 6,325,899 times
Im truly sorry for your loss. I just lost my Mr Mouskiewitz a couple months ago so I know just how you feel. I dont want a replacement cat either. Other cats are just cats. Pale imitations. It will be hard to find another cat who has even half his catitude. Im sure you feel the same way about your furkid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge