U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:55 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,938,784 times

Advertisements

We are taking him in at 10 or 10:30 to put him to sleep.
He has totally lost bowel control and is drinking water constantly, can't keep his food down and is just unhappy. His quality of life is not good anymore, so it's just time.

So sad!
I took a few pictures of him this morning, but I prefer to remember him as the goofy kitty that got me through college exams and late nights.
He use to hide in my fireplace, jump off walls, bring me dead lizards as a gift(he's put them on my pillow), talk to me, play fetch and slept w/ me for 10 years. He always was in the way and in my face w/ head bumps. He didn't purr, he snorted and drooled. We picked him out because he was in a spca cage w/ a sibbling, in his litter box sitting down w/ his tail between his hind legs and he was smacking his tail around w/ his front paws. My sister said "Kel, we need a funny cat like him". We named him Bailey for Baileys Irish Cream, but ended up calling him Baiely-boo because it's so easy to scare him. He use to dip his tail into the bathtub and sing to me. He loves his puppy Cody and teases him ...Cody will miss him.
My husband picked him up and gave him a hug and kiss this morning and I have hugged him alot today as well.
He's had a good life. He lived inside for all ut this last6 months and this last six months we have allowed him to run outside(but come in when he wants), go clubbing under the shed(we think he has a club under there, because he comes in every morning from under the shed w/ this look like "that was the best party EVER!" I think this is a nice way to end. He's convinced he's a vicious lion and chases bugs,lizards and frogs all over the back yard. He suns under the lemon tree and has truly enjoyed his last 6 months of playing outside but sleeping next to us. He's so sweet and loving and the tricky part is, he's still so pretty and snuggly and I have trouble putting those personalities down, but I'm being realistic and I wouldn't want to live like he is right now.

Thanks for all the support!

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!
Attached Thumbnails
we are putting Bailey to sleep today =(-dscf0009.sized-1-.jpg   we are putting Bailey to sleep today =(-dscf0074.jpg  

Last edited by kelly3120; 01-16-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 08:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 36,283,774 times
Oh.. So sorry, I know it was a hard decision for you. I am sure you are doing the right thing for Bailey.

You will see him again on the rainbow bridge waiting for you

Rainbow Bridge Poem

Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 AM

8,189 posts, read 29,928,448 times
*cyber hugs*

They say that pets break your heart the fist time you see them and the last time. You sound like you are in the right frame of mind for this, but when you need to grieve be sure to do it. You are saying goodbye to a beloved family member.

Kisses from Shadow.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 AM

2,071 posts, read 11,605,244 times
I'm so sorry, but it sounds like you're doing the right thing.

The new Angel in kitty Heaven by the name of Bailey will be romping with the other kitties and will always be in your heart.

Paula

Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 AM

46 posts, read 124,830 times
My sincere condolences to you.

Indeed, you are doing the right thing by letting Bailey go. With no bowel control and being unable to hold down his food, that surely does not sound like much of an existence. It is time.

It sounds like you have many, many wonderful memories of your beloved companion. I hope you take comfort in them, and also take comfort in knowing that Bailey had a wonderful life with you!

So many of us understand and know your heartbreak. Bailey will be at peace, happy and goofy as ever, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:54 AM

1,127 posts, read 4,780,302 times
Aw, I'm so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and Bailey. Just remember that it will only be a matter of time before ya'll will meet again.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:49 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,938,784 times
thanks everyone ..it's done, he's peaceful.
I actually decided not to stay because she said he would twitch and contort and I don't want to remember my cat like that. I kinda feel bad about that, but I just don't want those images in my mind. I picked him up under his arm pits and kissed him alot, told him I love him and hugged him. The last image I have of him is him looking at me through those big green eyes after I kissed his nose.

Thanks for the support

Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 AM

5,052 posts, read 17,137,398 times
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM

17 posts, read 35,991 times
Sorry for your loss,and yes we feel your pain and know what that hurt feels like.
You will see him again.....I promise you that.

Peace be with you........

Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,357,544 times
Sorry for your loss. He was so handsome and he wouldn't suffer anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge