Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,123,894 times

Advertisements

I saw this sub-forum added and went to take a look. Rainbow Bridge - never heard that before. It's sweet and sentimental - a place where people who've lost pets can post and discuss the loss, and be heard.

A place where you can cry your heart out about how devastated you are without worry of a psych ward coming.

But in honesty, I think I need anti-depressants reading these. In my eyes, pets are a part of the family. To read how families are torn aport by ailing diseases and seeing the effect of watching a part of others die...

It's really heart-wrenching and heart-breaking. Alright, I'll get off my soapbox now and go take an anti-depressant... and some vitamin B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,253,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I saw this sub-forum added and went to take a look. Rainbow Bridge - never heard that before. It's sweet and sentimental - a place where people who've lost pets can post and discuss the loss, and be heard.

A place where you can cry your heart out about how devastated you are without worry of a psych ward coming.

But in honesty, I think I need anti-depressants reading these. In my eyes, pets are a part of the family. To read how families are torn aport by ailing diseases and seeing the effect of watching a part of others die...

It's really heart-wrenching and heart-breaking. Alright, I'll get off my soapbox now and go take an anti-depressant... and some vitamin B.
you should eat a banana ...they make you happy. Have you ever seen a sad monkey??

Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,053,633 times
"Rainbow Bridge - never heard that before."

The Rainbow Bridge is a "location" in the Universe where the spirit of the loved animal "stops off" now and then, to wait for the loved human to join him or her when the human goes to spirit too. So the Rainbow Bridge isn't a "place" with anything like geographic coordinates. It's "over" the rainbow, on the other side :-) Beyond the body :-)

Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,123,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
The Rainbow Bridge is a "location" in the Universe where the spirit of the loved animal "stops off" now and then, to wait for the loved human to join him or her when the human goes to spirit too. So the Rainbow Bridge isn't a "place" with anything like geographic coordinates. It's "over" the rainbow, on the other side :-) Beyond the body :-)
Well, I knew that it wasn't a physical location - I've never heard of that terminology before. Thank you for explaining it.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:52 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,423,787 times
This is such a beautiful sub-forum..I am glad that administrator has such a big heart and so much compassion

Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,002,473 times
I have not been to the rainbow bridge sub forum but i think it's a beautiful idea and i, too, am glad the administrators added it. thank you. Rainbow bridge is a wonderful place for our beloved pets to wait for us. More wonderful would be right by our sides but that is life and at least I (for one) take comfort in knowing my beloved fur baby bandit is at rainbow bridge.

Okay just writing that made me want to cry, this is the reason why i just can't bring myself to visit the forum.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,423,787 times
Aw surfin, thats okay..You need time to grieve, even for beloved furbabies..I am sure that later on you will be a wonderful inspiration and supporter on this forum, because of your gentle heart

Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,002,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Aw surfin, thats okay..You need time to grieve, even for beloved furbabies..I am sure that later on you will be a wonderful inspiration and supporter on this forum, because of your gentle heart
thanks blue. There isn't enough time in the world for grieving. My beloved bandit passed away January 23rd, 2004. My very first fur baby.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 11,240 times
Default This is really nice..

And appropriate.
The 1st year "anniversary" of my best buddy's death will be January 29th 2008. I still miss Bear terribly. Always will.
Thanks for this.
Maria

Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 AM

17 posts, read 38,819 times
Yes this form is much needed . Everyone needs a friend to consult with in time of need.
Hugggs to all who read this..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge