Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2015, 04:43 AM

370 posts, read 504,738 times

Advertisements

Jack the Cat

I thought I would celebrate his life.

Born in Miami in 2002 and taken to a high-kill shelter. He was rescued by his mommy, Jennifer, one day from death. She named him Jack from the moment she looked at him.
He is survived by his sister Lola and younger brother Maxwell. His two grandparents and their cat Emma.
Jack and his mommy lived in Coral Gables in a one room studio but had a big deck, in which, Jack loved to lounge around in the sun. He loved that place and often listened to mommy go over memories of our time there. He then moved down to Perrine with mommy and was ever the rascal and younger brother to Timmy who passed to Rainbow Bridge in 2009.
There they left Miami in 2010 and went further up Florida for a better life. He enjoyed his years living very comfortably. His favorite past-times were going out on the porch during the fall time and laying in his bed looking out. He loved taking care of his sister Lola and grew very fond of his grandparents. Jack loved his breakfast and dinner time and for 13 years woke mommy up to meows and kisses. How quiet this morning was and will be.
Jack started to decline in health a year ago. We took it as a passage of old age as his blood work came back good. Three weeks ago, he's a long hair, I started going through his hair and found a lump. I knew. He was given six months but only survived two weeks as he was given a Cortisone shot and had a reaction. He died 10-30-15 with mommy and his grandparents praising him. His final hours before he laid with mommy as I told him about Rainbow Bridge and our life living in that one room studio..I told him to wait for me by the gates when it's my time.

I can tell you this morning was the hardest morning of my life. I dreaded opening my bedroom door to find him not there. I cannot tell you the pain it was after 13 years of him not greeting me and demanding his breakfast. I gave Maxwell and Lola hugs and we were all extra quiet this morning. I will miss him for all my remaining years walking this Earth. He was my first cat that I had-that I picked out at a shelter. He was everything. I praise his life. I had him when I had nothing, loss of job, new job, new friends, loss of friends, move to a new city, money in my pocket, no money in my pocket, changes in the season and everything else. This holiday season will be extra hard as he loved it all...especially the cooler weather and watching us put up holiday decorations. Jack-the Halloween Cat-was one of his nicknames. He now is running free at Rainbow Bridge with Timmy and Webster looking for Sunny.

Jack I love you. God bless you. Rest now. No more pain. but pain in your absence. It was a privilege knowing you.

RIP Jack September 20th 2002-October 30th 2015

Mommy
Attached Thumbnails
Jack crossed to Rainbow Bridge October 30th 2015-jack.jpg  

Last edited by DixieLand09; 10-31-2015 at 05:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 06:59 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
He was beautiful. I believe that he is now running the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Chipper and Katrina were there to greet him. ( ( Hugs ) )

Old 10-31-2015, 08:37 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times
My condolences.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:19 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,800 times
Take comfort in knowing you gave Jack a life he would not of had. It's a very painful time but stay strong for Jack will be waiting for you to care for him once again.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
A beautifully eulogy for a special cat. My heart goes out to you, because I truly know what you're going through. Let the grief & tears come when you need to, and it will get a little better each day. Just remember that the time Jack will have to wait for you at the Bridge is a mere blink of the eye.

Run free at the Bridge, Jack.

Peace be with you.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:39 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,834,660 times
Sorry for your loss. That is a lovely tribute that you wrote.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:17 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferashley View Post
Jack the Cat

I thought I would celebrate his life.

Born in Miami in 2002 and taken to a high-kill shelter. He was rescued by his mommy, Jennifer, one day from death. She named him Jack from the moment she looked at him.
He is survived by his sister Lola and younger brother Maxwell. His two grandparents and their cat Emma.
Jack and his mommy lived in Coral Gables in a one room studio but had a big deck, in which, Jack loved to lounge around in the sun. He loved that place and often listened to mommy go over memories of our time there. He then moved down to Perrine with mommy and was ever the rascal and younger brother to Timmy who passed to Rainbow Bridge in 2009.
There they left Miami in 2010 and went further up Florida for a better life. He enjoyed his years living very comfortably. His favorite past-times were going out on the porch during the fall time and laying in his bed looking out. He loved taking care of his sister Lola and grew very fond of his grandparents. Jack loved his breakfast and dinner time and for 13 years woke mommy up to meows and kisses. How quiet this morning was and will be.
Jack started to decline in health a year ago. We took it as a passage of old age as his blood work came back good. Three weeks ago, he's a long hair, I started going through his hair and found a lump. I knew. He was given six months but only survived two weeks as he was given a Cortisone shot and had a reaction. He died 10-30-15 with mommy and his grandparents praising him. His final hours before he laid with mommy as I told him about Rainbow Bridge and our life living in that one room studio..I told him to wait for me by the gates when it's my time.

I can tell you this morning was the hardest morning of my life. I dreaded opening my bedroom door to find him not there. I cannot tell you the pain it was after 13 years of him not greeting me and demanding his breakfast. I gave Maxwell and Lola hugs and we were all extra quiet this morning. I will miss him for all my remaining years walking this Earth. He was my first cat that I had-that I picked out at a shelter. He was everything. I praise his life. I had him when I had nothing, loss of job, new job, new friends, loss of friends, move to a new city, money in my pocket, no money in my pocket, changes in the season and everything else. This holiday season will be extra hard as he loved it all...especially the cooler weather and watching us put up holiday decorations. Jack-the Halloween Cat-was one of his nicknames. He now is running free at Rainbow Bridge with Timmy and Webster looking for Sunny.

Jack I love you. God bless you. Rest now. No more pain. but pain in your absence. It was a privilege knowing you.

RIP Jack September 20th 2002-October 30th 2015

Mommy
13 years is a good run.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:17 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,834,200 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a beloved cat and I'm sure that he knew this. FWIW, I can relate. I'm still mourning a very special dog who passed in late March at age 14+. I wish you comfort in his memories.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:33 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Ahhh what a beautiful boy!!!!!

I am so sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge