Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2019, 09:02 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times

Advertisements

I was driving home and I see a kitten falling out of a rear wheel well of a car in busy traffic.

He lands fine but starts running around the two lanes of busy traffic like running back and forth not knowing where to go.. I can see all this in my side and rear view mirror. I try to turn around as soon as I can. Some cars were slowing a bit not to hit him but no one stopped. I was able to turn around but by the time I got near him he was already on the side of the road and I couldn't stop.

Then I was able to turn around which was not easy on that busy road but I knew he was probably dead since he was on the side of the road. He was on his side and I could see things that looked like worms under his head so I Knew he was dead. So I picked him up and his body was limp and I just rested him in a gassy area near some shrubs.

I was hoping to get to him before he got hit and I would have brought him home, the last thing I need is a kitten but I would have figured it out. I do feed 2 stray cats once a day, and one sleeps on my front porch sometimes waiting for his breakfast. They have to fend for themselves because I can't have then rely on me and if I have to leave for a week or more I can't let them starve and I have no one to feed them while I'm gone. There was another cat I fed for over a year but he went missing or died a month ago, when I had to leave to visit family for 2 weeks me survived so that was good.

Rest in peace little kitten. May you be at Rainbow Bridge and we meet some day.

Last edited by LifeIsGood01; 09-18-2019 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 09:29 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,825,930 times
Many years ago, I was driving on a busy road when I suddenly saw four kittens by the roadside - some cruel person had dumped them there. There was no shoulder, no break in traffic, and nowhere to turn around. So I had no choice but to keep going. Even today I wonder how those babies ended up.

You're doing right by those strays, OP. Don't worry about being away from them for a few days now and then. They'll know to stick around.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:18 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,185 times
A sad thing indeed....... Its sad you could not get to them LifeIsGood01

Your heart was in the right place both of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge