Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:55 PM

294 posts, read 219,571 times

Advertisements

I have thought about this a lot and believe they will be there. The Bible says God is love and for all of us who never had children they are our source of an unconditional love that people can rarely offer. I believe there is no mention of it in scripture because the idea would cause confusion about an animals role. I am sorry for your loss, I know the feeling well I take in old dogs and cats and the end is never easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,403,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyhop View Post
I also meant to add how sorry I am about the loss of your furbaby. Hugs.
Thank you...

Old 08-06-2019, 05:49 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,314 times
I am so sorry for your loss. Yes I do believe we'll see them again. I have felt one of my deceased cats walking on the end of my bed when I'm laying on it reading books in the evening. So I really believe they'll be there for us when we cross.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:04 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. Yes I do believe we'll see them again. I have felt one of my deceased cats walking on the end of my bed when I'm laying on it reading books in the evening. So I really believe they'll be there for us when we cross.
Ha, I've felt cats walking across my bed, too, when they aren't visibly there. Interesting.

Back in the mid-00's, I lived in a house with my daughter, a close friend, and four cats.

Since then, my daughter has grown and is on her own, and three of the cats and my dear friend have left this realm.

In my mind, I see my friend smiling on the other side, and she's got Winkie, Mattie, and Foxy with her. I hope to see them all again someday.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:06 AM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
My 11-year-old Boston Terrier passed away at home a little over a week ago. He had battled congestive heart failure for two years and they also found a tumor in his heart a couple of months ago. It's getting a little easier as time goes on, but I still mourn for him. I've never been a religious person and have never been sure if there's really an Afterlife or not... but now that I've lost something so precious to me, I'm hoping that there is...

Do you believe that our pets go to heaven? Will we meet them again when we die?
yes, I do.
Whoever created us, why would he allow such a connection to another sentient being if it were all just in vain? Doesn't make much sense. I believe this life is fleeting but our love and our connections are what last. "our treasures in heaven" are not gold streets and diamonds, it is our love for our loved ones. THOSE are our treasures in heaven.

Pay attention to your dreams. Sometimes we get glimpses of things.

peace,
sparrow

Old 08-17-2019, 09:23 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,014 times
OP nope

Old 08-26-2019, 08:34 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,647,828 times
OP: I don't know where they go, but in my imagination he is romping about, healthy, *somewhere,* and he will greet me when it's my time to pass.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:40 PM

19,505 posts, read 9,532,107 times
I thought so at first, then I was under another impression that they have their own dog heaven. Then, I saw the movie, "Dogs Journey" and now I feel it is possible again. I guess it's what you want to believe.

Old 08-31-2019, 07:21 PM

272 posts, read 130,819 times
I do believe in an afterlife. I recently lost my Ms. Margo, for me the best kitty girl in the world. I feel your pain and sense of loss. I am so sorry. I get by a day at a time. I talk to her picture. Little things like that help. When I pray, I ask God to be sure and look after my Best Girl. You asked if you would see your friend again. I believe so. Their pain and suffering is at an end. Time is relative and while they are waiting for us, they won't have to wait very long even if we have to wait decades. I am willing to bet that your fiend is dancing a happy dance in anticipation of your arrival as only a loved dog can. Can you picture that? My Margo is waiting to jump in my lap and head butt me in the mouth and be told again just how beautiful she is and what good kisses she gives. Have faith, Gentle Person. A day at a time have faith.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:25 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,752,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
My 11-year-old Boston Terrier passed away at home a little over a week ago. He had battled congestive heart failure for two years and they also found a tumor in his heart a couple of months ago. It's getting a little easier as time goes on, but I still mourn for him. I've never been a religious person and have never been sure if there's really an Afterlife or not... but now that I've lost something so precious to me, I'm hoping that there is...

Do you believe that our pets go to heaven? Will we meet them again when we die?
There is a chance and there is always that hope. No one knows for sure. I would like to think we will so I say yes.

If your departed dogs are not in heaven waiting for you there is no heaven. Meaning a heaven without dogs is hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge