Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 10:45 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,886,522 times

Advertisements

I'm not religious at all. But if there is a place described as heaven or some other celestial home for the departed I'd rather see my pets there than most people I've met in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 10:46 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,998 times
God, I hope so. Would it be heaven without them?

Old 09-20-2019, 01:46 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,731 times
NO. Once you kill them they are gone forever. Maybe a place for Pets , yet no humans are allowed there.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:22 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
We will see them again. I firmly believe in the Rainbow Bridge, and I have a number of cat friends waiting there for me. And one horse. I guess I can put the smaller cats on the back of my horse, and let the larger cats trot along, and we can all cross the Bridge together.

But yes. We will see our friends again, happy and healthy, and ready to spend the afterlife with us.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:04 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I'm not religious at all. But if there is a place described as heaven or some other celestial home for the departed I'd rather see my pets there than most people I've met in life.
I don't believe, but since my guy died in August my hope is stronger that there's an afterlife. And you know, if someone tries to sell me on a place called heaven, and my boy dog isn't there, well I'm not staying. I mean seriously.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:45 AM

1,264 posts, read 666,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
My 11-year-old Boston Terrier passed away at home a little over a week ago. He had battled congestive heart failure for two years and they also found a tumor in his heart a couple of months ago. It's getting a little easier as time goes on, but I still mourn for him. I've never been a religious person and have never been sure if there's really an Afterlife or not... but now that I've lost something so precious to me, I'm hoping that there is...

Do you believe that our pets go to heaven? Will we meet them again when we die?
So sorry for your loss!
I do believe all pets go to a heaven, but not necessarily all humans as there is an Earthly conduct code on humans that must be adhered to. But if we make it there we will see some familiar faces and wags once again!

Last edited by Bellacatahoula; 12-28-2019 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-30-2019, 09:41 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they go - Mark Twain.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:26 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
I had a very vivid dream last week about Bertha, who passed away at age 13 in October 2018. In the dream, she was lying on her back, paws up (like she always did), waiting for me to pick her up or rub her belly. The dream was so real, I could feel her fur, skin (and even her "nipples"). I woke up crying. I never dreamed about her at all in the year after she died, though I was terribly depressed and grieving horribly.

I've since adopted another sweet kitty ("Woody") who is helping to fill the void. In August, two months before Bertha died, a feral cat had given birth to four kittens under our back porch (one disappeared, two died, and Woody, the runt, was the only one left). One particularly bad day, when I was lying on the sofa crying about Bertha, DH brought in little Woody and told me he "was all alone and needed someone to love him". He's since grown into a healthy, handsome tom with beautiful grey fur (Bertha was a grey tabby) and black tiger stripes, although not as large.

I think Woody's dear Aunt Bertha really did come to visit me in my dream. My fanatically religious late FIL always insisted animals don't have souls, so our pets won't be in heaven. I don't think that's true at all...but if it is, and if heaven is only full of fanatically religious people but no pets, I don't want any part of it.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 01-26-2020 at 04:46 AM..

Old 02-13-2020, 09:29 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I had a very vivid dream last week about Bertha, who passed away at age 13 in October 2018. In the dream, she was lying on her back, paws up (like she always did), waiting for me to pick her up or rub her belly. The dream was so real, I could feel her fur, skin (and even her "nipples"). I woke up crying. I never dreamed about her at all in the year after she died, though I was terribly depressed and grieving horribly.

I've since adopted another sweet kitty ("Woody") who is helping to fill the void. In August, two months before Bertha died, a feral cat had given birth to four kittens under our back porch (one disappeared, two died, and Woody, the runt, was the only one left). One particularly bad day, when I was lying on the sofa crying about Bertha, DH brought in little Woody and told me he "was all alone and needed someone to love him". He's since grown into a healthy, handsome tom with beautiful grey fur (Bertha was a grey tabby) and black tiger stripes, although not as large.

I think Woody's dear Aunt Bertha really did come to visit me in my dream. My fanatically religious late FIL always insisted animals don't have souls, so our pets won't be in heaven. I don't think that's true at all...but if it is, and if heaven is only full of fanatically religious people but no pets, I don't want any part of it.
Thank you for sharing this, I know it is so painful. I'm sorry for your loss, and happy for gain ~ Woody sounds like he came to you at just the right time..

I had a dream about my dog last night.. He passed only a couple months ago. In the dream, he was all wiggly wagging his tail so happy to see me. He had gone blind and deaf in his old age and spent the last 6months of his life not "himself", so to see him all lively and aware of me in that way, able to make eye contact, was a beautiful thing....I thank God for showing me that.

Many people have pointed out specific texts in the bible which proves animals will be in heaven... I am no religious scholar, but I believe them. Now it's just a matter of me getting in there myself to see him! (Lord, have mercy..) ♥

Old 02-13-2020, 11:27 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Thank you for sharing this, I know it is so painful. I'm sorry for your loss, and happy for gain ~ Woody sounds like he came to you at just the right time..

I had a dream about my dog last night.. He passed only a couple months ago. In the dream, he was all wiggly wagging his tail so happy to see me. He had gone blind and deaf in his old age and spent the last 6months of his life not "himself", so to see him all lively and aware of me in that way, able to make eye contact, was a beautiful thing....I thank God for showing me that.

Many people have pointed out specific texts in the bible which proves animals will be in heaven... I am no religious scholar, but I believe them. Now it's just a matter of me getting in there myself to see him! (Lord, have mercy..) ♥

So sorry for the loss of your dog, and thank you for your beautiful post.

In her later years, Bertha would spend her days lying in the upstairs hall in the sun, on the porch roof in the direct sun, or if she got too warm, move to the other side where the pine trees shaded it. Her signal to be let back in would be "Raa-AAA Raa-AAA Raa-AAA". I can still hear that in my mind sometimes. When I look out the window, I expect to see her on the porch roof, stretched out in her spot. Her death is still a mystery...she seldom left that porch roof. On that awful Friday morning in October 2018, she wasn't in the house or on her spot on the roof, and I went looking for her. She was up the street from us, lying in a neighbor's yard. She'd been hit by a car, and her front leg nearly torn off. She was still alive, barely, and died in my arms. I put her on a towel and carried her home. A vet couldn't have done anything for her. Why she was up the road and how/why she was hit is a mystery (traffic on that road is very light). She was always either lying on her spot on the roof or in the hall... leaving her comfort zones was way out of character for her. Plus, getting off the roof would have meant climbing down the pine tree...I don't see her exhibiting that kind of effort. She wasn't young, but still should have had a few more good years with us.

In the couple of days before she died, I'd been sick with "foot and mouth" that I'd caught from my grandson (it was going around his school), so those days were fever-hazy. It was that Friday morning when my fever broke that I couldn't find her, and went looking for her. DH didn't pay as much attention to her as I did (she was MY cat), but he didn't hear her cry at the window to come in, and he didn't let her out. It still haunts me and I feel guilty.

The sad part is, we lost TWO kitties to cars that fall...in 13 years that had never happened. The B*ll Sack (there are funny stories about him in the Cat Forum) was DH's special buddy...the rude name was courtesy of DH...but DH encouraged him to be an "outside" cat. Still, he was fixed and didn't wander (his favorite spot was sunning himself on the picnic table). He was found dead in our carport, also hit by a car...only seven years old. His sister, Muffy (the diva) misses him, as do we. Muffy and TBS were from the same litter, but Muffy was always more the indoor cat (like Woody is now). She doesn't like Woody, who keeps trying to play with her. They nap on my bed together during the day...about two feet apart.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 02-14-2020 at 12:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge