U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 03:04 PM

26,191 posts, read 19,578,502 times

Advertisements

Morticia was one of the little ones I rescued when I lived out in the Everglades. She was born in either late 2008 or early 2009. So she was about 10 years old.

When she was little, I called her "Two Tone" because her ears, paws, and tail were jet black, but the rest of her was a very furry gray. She was so cute, and while I did work with a rescue to adopt out the majority of the cats that I saved, I just couldn't get over her. She was always sweet, right from the start.

From "Two Tone", it switched up to "Tiny Toon". And she loved it. When I would hold her, she would only be held a certain way, never against me like you would normally hold a cat, but out in front of me so that she could put her little head into my hand - and I would cup that little head and just hold her. She would let you hold her like that for eons, if it was possible.

She never complained about anything. The only time she would whisper meow is when she was hungry. She was very quiet, was not destructive at all, and would love to sit right. next. to my head on the pillow. That was her favorite spot to be.

She did act like she was a wild lion in Africa at meal times, and would grab for the food out of my hand - which I got sliced a few times by her - but other than meal time, she was the kindest, gentlest, sweetest little thing.

Today, she died, horrifically. I wrote about what happened, here: //www.city-data.com/forum/56292616-post32.html

I'm very p*$$ed right now, and also very sad for Morticia going in such a horrible way - a sweet little girl that never hurt anything or anyone.

The closest I got to losing her in the past was when I moved from FL to Maine, and had a pet transport take some of my pets up to my new home in their car. She would not eat. It was about 3 days in total, and she would not eat. The other pets ate, but not her because she was upset about the move, being with a stranger, in a strange place (his car and then his home for one night while he waited for me to get up to my new place), and when he showed up to drop off my pets, Morticia was very thin.

I babied her for quite some after that. I made sure that she ate. As soon as she saw me again, she ate with no problem, and I would feed her a little extra to help her put that weight back on.

She was never a problem. Again, she never did anything wrong. While other pets destroyed things, or got into spats, or tore around the house, or meowed or barked their heads off, she was mellow, and calm, and gentle, and kind. Such a good little girl.

And now she's gone when she shouldn't be gone - what kills me is that I went out to do extra work so that all of us could get out of the area we live in right now, (out of the state, actually), and have a better life. I work all this extra not just for me, but as always, with my focus on the pets having it good. Like when I moved to Maine - I chose the place I rented for the pets, not for me. I didn't need that much room. I didn't need the stairs. I didn't need the backyard. I rented that place for them. And I was working extra to save up so that we could get to a better place (state), and they could once again have a place that was rented with them in mind, first, over me.

While I was working extra today to give them better - it destroyed her.

I would have been okay had she just gone naturally - because I knew I had taken care of her well - but not like this.

RIP Morticia - 2 Tone, Tiny Toon girl.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,022,893 times
I am so sorry for your loss. Even though it has been awhile, I wanted to post to let you know that someone shares in your pain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge