Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 04:11 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times

Advertisements

As some of you know, I recently lost my Shiloh--a cat, who was a tuxedo cat, only she was grey, not black. Still, she had the grey "jacket" and the white "shirt" and white paws.

Last week, an all-white cat showed up on my back deck. My deck is off the TV room, so while I was watching the news, this cat showed up. I know the local outdoor cats, but I have never seen this cat in the neighbourhood before. The cat looked in the window, taking particular interest in my cats who were napping on the floor.

Some years ago, I lost my friend Stripe; a beautiful mackerel tabby cat. Maybe two weeks after his passing, his duplicate showed up on the back deck, while I was watching the TV news. I've never seen a mackerel tabby in the neighbourhood, before or since. He also looked in the window.

It sounds silly, but I'm wondering--have any of you experienced visits from past pet friends, or perhaps, "passed pet friends," just--I dunno--checking on things? That white cat last week unnerved me, but caused me to remember Shiloh, and that mackerel tabby some years ago, and I wondered--have you pet owners also had visits from neighbourhood pets that you've never before seen in the neighbourhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 05:37 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
I always figured that word got around in their little network that it was a friendly house.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:47 AM

922 posts, read 790,574 times
There was a ghost kitty in a house we used to live in. We had cats, but we would hear a cat jumping off the counter or feel it jumping off of our beds when our cats were in sight, so we knew it wasn't one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge