U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 09:20 PM

1,647 posts, read 428,127 times

Advertisements

About 10 years ago I found her on my front porch on my chair. In those early years she slept on my lap all the time. We did many things together every day, from sitting outside on the chairs, playing, relaxing, eating, watching the birds outside the window, watching tv, giving her a massage... She sat next to me at my desk and would put her paw on my knee.

She loved sleeping outside under the bushes by the window and she always had to know what the weather was like outside. As soon as there was morning light she came into the bedroom to wake me up, nudging my arm or leg "get up, let me outside!".

She got cancer and I had to let her go today. I am grieving like a friend died. I keep thinking of these sweet times together.

Cali
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 12:02 AM

5,184 posts, read 4,921,141 times
I am sorry for your loss! The pain is unbearable. . It gets better with time but it takes time - be kind to yourself. Sweet memories are a blessing.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:31 AM

1,647 posts, read 428,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I am sorry for your loss! The pain is unbearable. . It gets better with time but it takes time - be kind to yourself. Sweet memories are a blessing.

Thankyou. I see you adopted a cat in June. Hope that's going great.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:12 AM

5,184 posts, read 4,921,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Thankyou. I see you adopted a cat in June. Hope that's going great.
I still miss my Little Girl after 7 months.

The adoptee and my other 18-year old are getting along grand. I think it helps her to have another cat in the household.

Old 10-07-2019, 02:14 AM

5,067 posts, read 5,399,062 times
It is painful to say good bye. I'm so sorry your girl is gone. She was your friend and thank you for taking her into your life.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:37 AM

11,443 posts, read 404,881 times
Aw I am sorry.....

She is beaitiful...... Always remember the love and kindness you gave her

Old 10-11-2019, 03:38 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,599,534 times
So sorry. She looks like she was a sweet girl. I know your pain.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM

15,299 posts, read 48,895,667 times
Sorry for your loss. A cat's life is short compared to a human, most of the time. I have buried a few over the years, but have 5 young and healthy cats now, with a 6th one who shows up for back-yard feeding sessions sometimes.

There is another cat out there who would love to be with you.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:53 PM

210 posts, read 60,027 times
I have heard it said that we do not choose cats, cats choose us. It's not like your friend died, your friend did die. Cali was family and you are grieving the loss of a loved one. Just because she was not human does not mean that you do or should feel the loss any less. There is a hole in your heart where Cali was. Grief I recently read is love that you still have but cannot give your sweet girl.

July last I lost my Best Kitty Girl. We had "adventures" where she would ride in my truck with me. She would walk on a leash. She came to a whistle. She slept in my bed with me. She flew around the country with me going to Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arizona, California, Maryland. We drove through many more states. We enjoyed pepper jack cheese together. She loved it when I made my nearly world famous oven fried chicken. She saw me through nursing school. She was the first I told when I passed the licensure exam to get my nursing license. I miss her. I pray about her. I have the hope and faith that one day we will meet again. An acquaintance recently saw my grief and suggested that I talk to her picture. I thought the idea silly at first. I rifle through my phone on occasion, sometimes daily, and I talk to her. It helps, at least talking to her picture helps me.

Talk to Cali either through prayer or maybe talk to her picture. Ask God how Cali is doing if you pray. Hold Cali tight in your dreams and slowly you will find a way to move on. Remember that Cali chose you. That Cali chose you helps makes you special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge