U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 10:36 PM

210 posts, read 60,027 times

Advertisements

God took a special kitty home July last. Ms. Margo was 17 years and 8 months old on 12 July 2019. She is missed. I work as a nurse. When I am tired after a 12+ hour shift, I still look for her. I miss her, Gentle Reader.

Ms. Margo had been ill with thyroid issues, feline herpes, a form of sciatica that weakened her left rear leg, arthiritis, and probable lymphoma. We had an appointment at the veterinarian's office. Margo died in my hands before the veterinarian lady could come in with life ending medication. I confirmed her death with my stethoscope. Absolute silence never sounded so lonely.

Ms. Margo was a good traveller. We saw about a dozen states together and lived in three. We crossed the continent three times by airplane. I gave Ms. Margo as many adventures as I could. Margo enjoyed my polite little car and later my truck. I wanted to take Margo on a boat ride, but Ms. Margo wanted no truck with that. We travelled until together until we reached the clearing at the end of her path, as one of my favorite authors put it. Time is relative as is perspective. Margo I believe is waiting for me where the clearing is at the end of my path. I may not get there tonight nor tomorrow, maybe not for 50 years, but Margo is waiting to greet me when my journey ends, I am sure.

Margo loved me and I love her. I trusted Margo more than most people. I know what people are capable of doing to each other. Margo never lied to me, but Margo did know how to manipulate me, especially if there was cheese on the menu. Pepper Jack cheese was her favorite, the spicier the better. My nearly world famous oven fried chicken was a close second. Margo was there for me when I left my first career at the airport. Margo saw me through college and worst of all, college algebra (who ever decided to combine the alphabet and arithmetic needs to be slapped). Margo saw me through nursing school and later when I passed the NCLEX, Margo was the first I told. Knowing Margo was a rare privilege.

Margo's eyes will haunt my dreams just as they took my breath away when I gazed into them. Margo to me was proof of God even if my 17 years of prayer to not outlive my Best Girl were denied.

Thank you for reading this. I miss my Best Girl more than I can describe. Writing helps.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 10:53 PM

4,821 posts, read 12,127,165 times
I'm happy you two found each other. Know that over time nostalgia will bring a smile, if a sad one, and that life does go on. This I can say because my Weasie was with me for just over 19 years; she died in 2012 but I think of her every day still. Take good care.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:48 AM

3,494 posts, read 2,550,970 times
Beautiful obituary. And I agree, she is waiting for you on the other side. I wish the both of you peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge