U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 01:09 PM

12,972 posts, read 10,118,010 times

Advertisements

Why is today a hard day? It's been almost two weeks. I haven't been able to clean because if I wash the blanket that she snuggles in, she'll be gone. I have to move her crate to make room for the Senior Dog's mattress. But if I move her crate she'll be gone. Her toys are scattered on the floor. I was able to get her wardrobe collected and washed to donate but I can't seem to get her toys together. And when I do she'll be gone. For those who have lost children and spouses and other loved ones, my loss is nowhere near a significant. I believe that with all my heart. But the pain of losing this little dog after 15 years with her helps me to understand how difficult it is for you to sort through belongings of your loved ones. I know it takes time, and I know I've had other dogs. But this little girl really embedded herself in my heart. I plan to only have small Senior Dogs now in her honor. I feel like I'm too old to start with a puppy. Because if they live to be 15, I don't want them to outlive me. I do thank God that I had her for the time that I did. I just felt like I had to get that off my chest.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 11:12 AM

3,144 posts, read 1,489,716 times
Your little one will not be "gone" no matter what you do or where her crate is moved. You do what you can; if you are not ready - don't wash her blankie. Do it on your timeline. Also, don't underestimate your grief and say your loss is not as "significant". Pet parents know this grief and many pet parents have lost humans and pets. Grief is grief and does not discriminate.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
Your little one will not be "gone" no matter what you do or where her crate is moved. You do what you can; if you are not ready - don't wash her blankie. Do it on your timeline. Also, don't underestimate your grief and say your loss is not as "significant". Pet parents know this grief and many pet parents have lost humans and pets. Grief is grief and does not discriminate.
This helped me a lot. I've stepped around her toys enough. Today I washed them and will donate them to Camp Golden Years. Well, I'll keep her teddy bear.
I've washed her bedding - I'm getting ready to move. The lint trap had her hair.

I'll always miss her but I'll try to help little senior dogs in her memory.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:16 AM

14 posts, read 2,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156
Your little one will not be "gone" no matter what you do or where her crate is moved. You do what you can; if you are not ready - don't wash her blankie. Do it on your timeline.
Yes and dont worry about feeling bad.... We all heal at our own rates..... I am so sorry this happend..

Old 07-26-2020, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillers View Post
Yes and dont worry about feeling bad.... We all heal at our own rates..... I am so sorry this happend..
Thanks. I've located a 6yr old chi who needs a home. My big senior rescue dog left me last week. I guess her mission was complete. The cat is moping. He needs a dog. Me too! So far I've taught the cat to sit and have drug him along on car rides. I've been reduced to buying cat toys at TSC. He's not even appreciative!

Old 07-26-2020, 02:21 AM

867 posts, read 206,271 times
My cat died several years back, it broke my heart. When I pulled in the drive getting home from work, she would hear the car pull in, go to the back window, watch me walk, then run to the side window, where I would wave, and when I opened the front door she would jump up on my legs with excitement that I was home. It was so sweet and touching, as she was just a little innocent cat.

I miss her, but have pictures to comfort me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge