U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 08:33 AM

2,192 posts, read 2,158,601 times

Advertisements

In the last two months I have lost 3 amazing animal friends.

In June my sweet Kyoshi passed. I had only had him two years having adopted him as a senior with issues. Even though I didn't expect to have him long it was so hard the day his brain tumor caused a seizure that he could not recover from. He was an amazing little dog, Love everyone and everything and brought many smiles to many faces. Even with all of his difficulties he was always cheerful and just loved going for a walk to sniff every bush and tree in the neighborhood.

Shortly after Kyoshi passed I noticed my 12 year old cat Chloe losing weight. This was not terribly unusual going into summer but then one day I found a large lump on her abdomen that was not there before. Breast cancer. She passed peacefully at home in my bed one morning having slept beside me all night. I chose her before her eyes were even open as a kitten and she was the most wonderful cat. That morning as I got up she looked up at me. Meowed once and then was gone.

Well I thought that was the worst of it. I had a younger dog Suke that I adopted on Sept 11 2019. I knew I would not have Kyoshi long and I wanted another dog to be there when the time came and I wanted Kyoshi to have a dog friend t be with him when I was at work. I saw Sukes picture on Facebook one morning and knew he had to be the one. I drove all the way to the other side of the state to pick him up that day. He was a snarling, scared mess of a little dog. He bit me twice the first week I had him. But over time he became a wonderful little friend. He always slept with me and had to be near me all of the time. He adored walks in the park and had his special fancy dance and song that he did every time we would go. He was a wonderful companion to Kyoshi.

On Monday afternoon I took Suke and his newly adopted brother Kylo to the park. They were so happy and both doing their happy dances and leaping with joy at being in their favorite place. We were half a mie down ten trail when everything changed.

Suke stopped and looked around at his foot. I didn't think much of it at first. But then a few feet later he stopped again and started vomiting. he had a weird look on his face and he sort old slowly collapsed. His gums went white, his feet and ears were cold. I picked him up and rushed back to the car and drove to the emergency vet 20 minutes away>

They did try to revive him but by the time we arrived it was too late. I think it was his heart. He was only 6 years old and should have had many years.

I am really struggling with all of this. In my life I have lost many pets, most to old age. It never gets any easier. To lose so many in so short a time has sunk me into a depression I have not felt since my Husband died in 1999.

When I adopted Kylo just a week after Kyoshi died I thought it seemed strange that I felt so compelled to add another dog so fast. Maybe there was a reason. I don't know how I would cope without Kylo to make me get up every morning and take him out for his walks. I don't feel the compulsion to adopt again that I had when Kyoshi passed or last fall when I knew I would lose him soon. Kylo is a very young dog. I do wonder if he will be happy as an only dog or will another come along in time.

I don't know.

I do know that in spite of all of this horrible pain, Having them in my life for whatever time we had together was worth it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2020, 11:34 PM

12 posts, read 3,985 times
Yes it sure was worth it

I am so very sorry you are going thru this and I pray things get better for you

Peace and love to you!

Old 09-06-2020, 11:04 AM

604 posts, read 849,330 times
How awful for you. It is so hard when they go suddenly. Those of us who can't live without a best furfriend totally understand. You may find another to keep Kylo company, but he will be fine with just you as well. I've often said no more, right after such a loss, but that never
stays true. Hugs.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:19 PM

2,192 posts, read 2,158,601 times
A little sad today since it would have been Suke's one year adoption anniversary. Kylo is doing well and I honestly think he likes being an only dog. Shiba Inus often are like that though. I still don't feel like adding another one to the household. I am very glad I adopted Kylo when I did. At the time it seemed so soon after Kyoshi passed but perhaps there was a reason I felt such a strong drive to adopt again.

Life is so different now. Not bad, just different. I have had many pets come and go over the years and it never gets easier to say goodbye, especially when it is not their time.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:08 PM

15,952 posts, read 33,674,074 times
I am so sorry - that is just terrible to lose so many in so short a time. It is definitely worth it though for the love they give. You are so right, it never gets any easier to lose one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge