Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 12:23 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times

Advertisements

I'm missing my cat tonight. My seal point Siamese named, Sable. She passed away on Wednesday. She was about 20 years old and it was certainly her time to go. She was SO weak that she barely could walk. She stopped eating and drinking and just wasn't here anymore. It was an easy decision to take her to the vet, but it was still difficult.

The moments that really get to me is when I look at the places where she would sit and hang out. I look over and she's not there. It really hurts. It seems to hurt a little more each day. I think it's setting in that she's forever gone and that makes me sad. She was the most faithful and loving cat. She was always there for me. The house is now VERY quiet. You know how Siamese are. She was an extremely vocal girl.

Oh yeah, did I mention that my birthday is tomorrow (sat)?

Here are a couple of pics when she was healthy.

Two days later...-sable-001.jpg

Two days later...-sable-007.jpg

Last edited by sablebaby; 05-17-2008 at 12:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 10:19 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,656 times
What a beautiful kitty. I am so sorry for your loss, having been there before I know it is a profound hurt. I also had a seal point that lived to be twenty so I understand how difficult it is to be in the house and missing her beauty and strength of voice!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Sending you cyber hugs. One day when you are ready you will be able to honor the memory of Sable by opening your heart to another kitty. I hope you find peace in your heart.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:12 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
What a gorgeous cat. I am so sorry for your loss sablebaby.

It is almost too hard for me to read these posts. My heart is just breaking for all of you and your losses.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:45 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
Gee whiz! You had her for 20 years! No wonder you miss her!! She was your friend and companion for 20 years. Just think, she blessed your life for 20 wonderful years, not judging you and always there for you, is there any wonder you miss her?

We never forget the ones we loose and there is always a empty spot in our hearts that we can never fill. I know your grief, have been through it myself. When I lost my heart kitty, I cried for a solid 3 days, couldn't eat and couldn't sleep. He has been gone for 30 years and I still miss him but it isn't as painful as it was and I know someday, we will be reunited forever.

Your baby will wait for you and you will be back together some day.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:47 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
I'm so sorry Sable, I lost my Siamese mix just last week. I know how you feel. You expect her to be sitting in a certain place because she always was. With my Rufus I knew him better then I knew the sun. I was MORE sure that when I woke up, he would be next to me in bed and happy to see me awake. You can't always be sure of the sun.

I have been re-arranging the furniture. I know that sounds strange but I can't stand to keep looking and expecting him to be there. I had a bench in my play room that I would prop my feet up on. Rufus would come and sit near me.

I don't know what to tell you other then that I know how you feel. My heart hurts for him just like yours does for your girl.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:16 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,650 times
All pets are wonderful companion to us. As everyone we love, we will sure meet them again, as they are waiting for us at the rainbow bridge. I lost some throughout the years but remember them dearly and hope to meet them one day. May God bless You and your friend and give you strength to go on. Keep your pet close to you and your prayers.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:47 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
I so sorry for your loss. As you say, 20 years is a wonderfully long life for a cat. But it also gave you more time to love her and you'll miss her.

We lost our Sammie 2 years ago next months and even still I "see" her run across the room, dart across our patio. She's with me now in a joyous sense.

It takes awhile where you can remember in joy rather than pain. Hang in and every day gets a little better than the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge