U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM

4,971 posts, read 11,645,684 times

Advertisements

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buster 4-2004-6A.jpg
Views:	30050
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	23295

My Brother and his family had to have their 13 yr old Shar-pei, Buster put to sleep. He had been having on average 5 seizures a day. and was falling down alot. It was a hard decision for my brother but was the correct thing to do for such a loyal friend.

Shar peis had never been a breed I would have been interested in knowing until I met Buster and I doubt if I will ever own one . But he did change my opinion of them as what a big crazy goof he was. If I came in the yard by my self he would act the part of the big protective gaurd dog all the time hoping he really did not have to deal with a big bad intruder and when he would realize it was me he would break into a huge grin whew! Relieved he did not have to be a gaurd dog.

He was a great family dog despite his drooling and dog oder and we often joked how the guy that writes the cartoon strip " Get Fuzzy" must have met Buster and used him as the muse for Sachel the Shar-pei Lab mix in the strip. Sachel and Buster were alot alike.

My dogs loved Buster and the fact he had a swimming pool in his yard. "Lets go visit Buster and play in his pool" WEEEEEEE!

He had a good 13 years and I will miss his silly being. I will not misst the drool but his crazy loveable mug I will miss. Run wild run free Buster and never loose that big Shar-Pei grin. He won a dog smiling photo contest with the above photo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 03:35 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,558,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Attachment 23295

My Brother and his family had to have their 13 yr old Shar-pei, Buster put to sleep. He had been having on average 5 seizures a day. and was falling down alot. It was a hard decision for my brother but was the correct thing to do for such a loyal friend.

Shar peis had never been a breed I would have been interested in knowing until I met Buster and I doubt if I will ever own one . But he did change my opinion of them as what a big crazy goof he was. If I came in the yard by my self he would act the part of the big protective gaurd dog all the time hoping he really did not have to deal with a big bad intruder and when he would realize it was me he would break into a huge grin whew! Relieved he did not have to be a gaurd dog.

He was a great family dog despite his drooling and dog oder and we often joked how the guy that writes the cartoon strip " Get Fuzzy" must have met Buster and used him as the muse for Sachel the Shar-pei Lab mix in the strip. Sachel and Buster were alot alike.

My dogs loved Buster and the fact he had a swimming pool in his yard. "Lets go visit Buster and play in his pool" WEEEEEEE!

He had a good 13 years and I will miss his silly being. I will not misst the drool but his crazy loveable mug I will miss. Run wild run free Buster and never loose that big Shar-Pei grin. He won a dog smiling photo contest with the above photo.
God bless you and your brothers family in this time of loss. You will see Buster again in Heaven, please let that console you until that time comes.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:37 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,937,237 times
He looked like such a sweet fella. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 14,612 times
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Last Friday I also lost my 13 y.o. Shar-Pei. He was a rescue dog and was the sweetest, and most loyal animal I've ever had. He was very protective. He didn't really show any signs of illness but had been slowing down which I attributed to his age. Friday, he seemed disoriented and wouldn't eat or drink. An ultrasound showed that he was bleeding into his belly probably from a malignancy that burst. I have two other dogs(a Pointer and a Brittany mix) but still can't believe how painful this is. They also seem depressed. I've been checking out rescue websites but don't know if this is the right time to get another one. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I know what you're going through. God Bless.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM

1,939 posts, read 5,918,022 times
Be happy that you gave him a chance to be in your life.. I know too many people that "don't like dogs" or "don't like cats".. I don't like siamese cats, they say.. or I hate those dogs.. They miss out on the greatest thing, unconditional love from one of God's beautiful companions. IMO cats and dogs were put on this earth to be loyal pets, to love us and make us laugh and cry. You saw beyond what you didn't particularly like about the breed, and gained something you can't ever lose.. Good for you. TIme will help your pain disappear-- but the happy memories will always be there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge