Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:53 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,659 times

Advertisements

I just opened the laundry room door where both of my pets used to sleep together. It's just my cat now. Not even 24 hours ago I had to put the light of my life to sleep, as he had cancer and was fading fast. Now I'm just left with this empty house. My cat and I don't have the same kind of bond my dog and I did. My dog was my child. He is gone. How can I make it through this without him? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM

485 posts, read 1,952,855 times
You need another dog.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, no words can ease the pain.

But a wagging tail and a lolling tongue will.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:46 PM

256 posts, read 736,133 times
My heart is with you. I lost my little girl 4 weeks ago. She also was my child. I wish I could give you a majic bullet. But, it just hurts and I really don't think getting a dog will ease that. Because the bond was there and it is not them. I miss her every single moment of the day. In time, I think it will be appropriate to get another dog. But,it takes time to grieve.
I am so so sorry for your loss.
The positive side I think about is the abilility and depth of love I was able to feel because I loved something so much. Some people never have that and I believe that love does not die.

blessings.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:49 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,919 times
You will....it just takes time. It will be hard, but with each day, it will get a little easier. And in time, you may be ready to get a new puppy...but don't rush out. Take time to grieve...

Old 07-27-2008, 02:42 PM

Thank you all. I am pretty much just sleeping, courtesy of Lunesta. I've been taking half pills round the clock just to sleep. I just don't want to feel too much of anything right now. It's probably not the best way of dealing with it, but sleep does give me some relief. I'll sleep a few more hours and then wake up and decide what to do. This whole thing happened in two days. I took him to a Vet on Thursday thinking my baby had allergies as he was sneezing a lot. Then they noticed some broken blood vessels. Then they ran bloodwork and discovered his platelet levels were low. I brought him in to my girlfriend's Dr for a second opinion on Friday wherein he discovered his platelets had halved in one day and most likely it was Cancer. I brought him to another Vet Friday night, the best place in the state, to learn there was no hope and even if they could have done transfusions, there was no blood available for what he would have needed. I decided to move quickly on the euthanasia, as I insisted it be done at home and I didn't want him suffering one bit. He was already looking very miserable and blood spots were forming on his tummy, which is the outcome of the disease. Eventually internal bleeding happens and then there could have been pain, and I didn't want him to go through that. It happened so fast. I guess I'm somewhat in denial and all I want to do is to sleep, but thank you for your posts.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,154 times
Default sympathy

I know how u feel. It is one of the most horrible feelings in the world. Some people don't understand. I am so, so, sorry for your loss. I personally have not let go, for my babies ashes have traveled with me in my suitcase and it has been a year already. So, please take all the time you need to grieve. You and only you will know when. Just remember all the Love each of you shared together. Take care!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 PM

Thanks again for your posts. The grief is now coming in waves, but I've experienced this before, so I understand.

I really appreciate all of your input.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:29 PM

303 posts, read 980,308 times
It will take time to heal your pain after loosing your beloved dog. Hopefully some day soon after you feel you are ready, you can adopt another dog to love and care for. They give so much back in return, as I am sure you already know. I am sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel now.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,379,799 times
Agh! I'm so sorry. Losing your best buddy is a painful situation. We went through it recently and I do understand. Bless you for being such a good parent. When you're ready, you may want to adopt a friend to keep you company. Warm wishes to you.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,194 times
I just lost by beautiful baby Bailey, 10 years old to cancer. She was fine one hour and gone the next. She had some fluid build up in her flanks and when they did exrays found a hugh mass in her tummy. They did surgery that afternoon to find it was all metabolized in her liver. Our vet said we needed to make the decision if we wanted her to sleep or bring her back. My husband and I decded to let her sleep and not put her through the pain and horror that was eventually to follow. It was the hardest decision for us to make even though the vet said it was the humane and correct one. These past few days I cannot sleep, eat and the grief is unbearable. I miss her so very much. I keep second guessing myself if I did the right thing, maybe she would have had a few wonderful days left, I just don't know. I have her brother with us, whom we rescued both of them 10 years ago. They are golden retrievers and now am so scared he too will come down with this horrible disease. Life is not good now. Will I ever get over her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge