U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:48 AM

13,984 posts, read 7,157,873 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. I lost my two Chihuahuas in 2016 and then a senior cat I adopted that only lived 5 days. I spent about $700 trying to get him healthy so you're coworker would really think I was nuts!

I bought some plain helium balloons, wrote their names on them and set them free in a field where they floated up to the Rainbow Bridge where my furbabies could see I was thinking of them. It gave my granddaughter and I a sense of closure.

You will never stop missing Skylar but, when you are ready, go to your shelter and save a dog that may be on death road. Do it in memory of your precious Skylar.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 12:06 PM

7,013 posts, read 5,560,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

I bought some plain helium balloons, wrote their names on them and set them free in a field where they floated up to the Rainbow Bridge where my furbabies could see I was thinking of them. It gave my granddaughter and I a sense of closure.
That is such a nice story. My dad and I did that once at my mom's grave, years ago. That balloon got so high in the sky we couldn't believe it, it was just a tiny little speck. My dad has a picture of it. It was very, very healing and a wonderful memory that I'll always hold dear. Thank you for bringing it to mind.

You gave me an idea, I think I'll do that this Spring. Send a balloon up with messages for my little four legged soulmates. They are all still part of my life and their memories will never fade.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:27 PM

26,154 posts, read 17,154,054 times
I would love seeing all my creatures I have had again

Kitty - Nigel
Dog - Buppy
Kitty - Oreo
Dog - Lady
Dog - Tabitha
Dog - Tallie

And 1 dog we didnt have that long,we adopted her and she tore up the house,etc..... (She was a puppy) and I dont think my parents gave her enough of a chance. I hope she is ok!! (I dunno if she is still alive now but I hope to see her again)

MEG

Old 01-16-2017, 02:50 PM

2,868 posts, read 5,692,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I always have thought if there is a God it would be an awfully cruel one to not let our pets live on, so thanks for reminding me.

I am not sure I can ever have another dog though, as it just hurts too much when they leave and the pain never goes away. There can never be another Teddy, I am afraid and I think I'd feel like I was betraying his memory to get another dog. Thanks.
I think the best thing you can do to honor your Teddy is to adopt another pet be it a stray rescue or other. He would want you to be loved and love another pet. I know it's hard and I've been where you have been many times.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 284 times
Default This post is extremely old except.. Here's my story why I truly feel it may be real

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I am sure so much time has passed that you have found your peace. I have been there having to put a dog down and it is a horrible, gut wrenching decision to make. Recently was talking about lucid dreams and remembered this bizarrely either real or coincidental experience with Rainbow Bridge.

Here is my story.. that really made me feel the need to share after coming across this! Cue a long paragraph.. Caution!! My family had a Yorkie named Toto, my siblings and I grew up with him. He was our guard dog. I remember dressing him up in baby doll clothes, staging constant photo shoots with him. He would guard me on the driveway during late nights reading and would abruptly arise when seeing any neighbors or animals walked passed and would await until they left to move closer and lay down to me then would walk out to the end of the driveway to repeat his guard post routine. I believe he was a guardian angel. One day, he got cancer in his neck. As the days went by, it began to get worse so my family bought a puppy named Toby to keep him company. I absolutely despised this puppy because he was annoying. I felt like we were replacing him. Toto's health got so bad, he couldn't lift his head due to the tumor in his neck, he would yelp out to tell us he pooped and peed on the carpet in the house. I would clean it, however after a day of him unable to get up to even use the restroom, my parents took my siblings and I in. I waited in the car for them to return only without Toto. I was devastated, and depressed. Just a kid at age 14 I felt heartbroken and would write in my journal every day that life wasn't the same. Nothing mattered anymore, my best friend was gone. I wondered, How will I ever get over such a friendship and loss like this? Will this pain will never go away? Then..

Almost a year later. I had an extremely weird dream that felt so.. real. In it, I was in my childhood house overseeing the dark hallway that lead to my bedroom, I walked out of my doorway and saw him. Toto was there. Alive, and healthy! No illness about him at all. In my hallway and softly, slowly walked up to me with a warm embrace. I felt so much love and excitement, like something inside me had awoken again. He was here! I pet then hugged him so tightly I didn't want to let go, then pet him for a short time. I then noticed he started to turn away from me, then looked back as if he wanted me to follow him. So I started to walk in the direction he was going. Suddenly, a rainbow bridge appeared and we floated on it landing into a meadow so green it looked saturated. It was the most beautiful almost heavenly place I had ever seen. It was very sunny, with lush green fields. There was unlimited food, and water. I saw a bunch of other dogs that seemed like his friend running around, they all looked so happy running and playing. We laid there for a bit on the top of a hill with such green soft grass and gazed out side by side. He looked up at me, and did his cute little side smile that he would do. I knew he was happy, and healthy now. I knew he was safe and no longer in pain. He brought me back through the rainbow bridge to my hallway, I said goodbye to him and he then disappeared. I woke up and I wasn't grieving anymore. It's like the pain and longing I felt for him has completely dissolved. I was at peace, and so was he.

It wasn't until much later, a family member of mine had to put down their dog and their vet sent over a card with this poem about a 'The Rainbow Bridge.' I read it out loud and burst into tears. The exact poem was what I dreamt about. Hell I teared up today reading it to my friend still in disbelief that I had that dream. I believe to my core that there are some things in this world we cannot explain and I don't care because I am still so happy and truly filled with joy that I got the chance to experience that. I am absolutely sorry if you never had this experience, because it was.. wow. It made me speechless, but I know and still will always believe that that is where they are, happy and at peace. And that's all that they want us to feel too. Unconditionally.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:22 PM

659 posts, read 761,024 times
I surely hope it's real...
My baby transitioned last Friday and I daydream about her running to me in the afterlife and us crossing the rainbow bridge together.

Old 11-06-2020, 12:10 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,296,118 times
I don't know if the "Rainbow Bridge" is real but I believe so, I hope so. And honestly real or not I don't think there is anything negative about believing in a Rainbow Bridge.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:13 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,866,911 times
My belief is that I will see all of my beautiful pets that have passed once I am gone from this earth! Had to say goodbye to one of my pitties in March... it was so sad and we miss her terribly.

Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM

6,317 posts, read 9,999,791 times
Yes, I believe that the Rainbow Bridge is real and that we will see our fur babies again. We are all God's creatures.

Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

4,521 posts, read 1,974,569 times
Why would animals not deserve a place in heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge