Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:31 AM

256 posts, read 736,083 times

Advertisements

I lost my little girl yorkie on Friday. I had her for 14 1/2 years. I am so distraught I can't stop crying. I miss her so much. I would do anything to have her back. I was so wrapped up in helping her and trying to take care of her and a sick Mom. I feel I was just not present. I can't remember things about her and I was not even thinking about the impact of losing her. I want her back so bad. I ache for her.
This last year has been so so traumatic for me. I have had so much on my plate that I feel I did not live in the moment and appreciate what I had. I feel like I was so involved in the dramas of my life that I missed being with her. I did not think I would lose her so soon. It happened so fast.
Never did I thing about how hard it was to lose her. I just ache. Thanks for letting me vent. I send my love and support to all on here missing their family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 02:18 PM

485 posts, read 1,952,684 times
Rufus is waiting.

In the mean time, give it a little time and save another life, if only in memory of your dearest friend.

Our animal friends are only given to us as a loan-luckily there are always new friends available to borrow.

I lost my wife, my home, all my pets and most of my belongings in a single morning-because of unjust laws and a single, evil person's irrational spite.

When it looked like it was the end-there was my darling Maggie, waiting for someone to love her, so she could love them back.

Don't deny yourself a new companion.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
krakenten, you have an admirable, inspiring outlook. I'm so very sorry you have had to endure this tragedy, the loss of so much. Thank you for your encouragement to those who are in need of it.

Kasey, I know how you feel. So many here know how you feel. I think most of us have been there, and know the hurt of that empty spot in our hearts when a beloved pet leaves us. Some of mine have been gone 20 years, and I still miss them very much. Each one is a different individual, and cannot be replaced, but there is always room and love for another furry friend. Don't be hard on yourself over what you think you did or did not do, should have done, or wish you had done. Your little girl knew you loved her. That is really all they ask for.

Now, shower that love on someone else, and you'll have a chance to do some things differently. Life teaches us those lessons - the lesson of how short it is, and the lesson of what it means to love. We grow with those lessons.

Best to you.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,377,875 times
I'm so sorry Kasey,.. it's so hard to lose a friend that's so much a part of your life. All my best to you.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Thank you all. My heart is just broken. If it was possible, I would have her cloned. I will always love her. I am not ready for another pet. My condolenses to all on here. and thank your so much for the support.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,200 times
Kasey,

I'm so sorry about your loss.

Be encouraged. 14 1/2 years is a very long life for a dog. Your doll baby was very fortunate to have you as her human.

I just got another dog to fill the "dog shaped void" in my life... I knew my baby would not want his momma to be without a furbaby.

It always hurts when you lose someone you love.

Last edited by World Citizen; 07-02-2008 at 06:58 PM..

Old 07-03-2008, 12:06 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,377,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Kasey,

Be encouraged. 14 1/2 years is a very long life for a dog. Your doll baby was very fortunate to have you as her human.

I just got another dog to fill the "dog shaped void" in my life... I knew my baby would not want his momma to be without a furbaby.

We just did the same, we lost our Best Buddy in May. He'll never be forgotten but, we were lonely without him. We now have a comical little pup that you just have to smile at! All my best to you.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 PM

Default me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
We just did the same, we lost our Best Buddy in May. He'll never be forgotten but, we were lonely without him. We now have a comical little pup that you just have to smile at! All my best to you.
me too! His name is Shadow....

Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Kasey,

Thank you so much for that. I have 2 other yorkies that will be 14 in Ocotober. I really thought that 14 was young. I wanted her to live longer. I know.....the wish for all of us. No one will ever take her place. I am thinking I will have to get a horse or a parrot, something that lives longer. This is just too darn short and I can't take the loss.
I was seperated very little from them. I work from home. I spent most of my time with the my dogs. They really are my best friends.
I will always love that little munchkin.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:51 AM

I'm so glad to know that you have other babies at home and you're not alone... !

BTW - Parrots are nice but you still need a dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge