Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 PM

255 posts, read 742,819 times

Advertisements

Thank you all so much for your prayers I have had great years with him he helped me get through the lose of my Dad now i have to get through the lose of him alone but i am right here by him all night .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 10:44 AM

255 posts, read 742,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeNe1965 View Post
I am sitting here right now holding on to the last few moments I have left with my best friend for the last 18 years he is laying here looking at me and is still purring he can't stand up but its like he doesn't want to leave me. I am not wanting to let him go. my mom wants me to put him to sleep but he doesn't seem to be in pain it is just his time and i feel i should let him go on his on. If i have to lay here with him all night i will . We have so many memories together . My best friend give him to me after my Dads suicide. Now I am gonna be lost with out him. Good Bye Little my old friend I will see you again one day.

My best friend has passed on just had the funeral it is so hard I just feel so lost even though I have other pets he has been here the longest with me I am gonna miss him so much. You are forever in my heart "Little".REST IN PEACE old friend.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
I can't stop here too often. I cry too much with the loss of our beloved pets........
We put our Peaches to sleep a year or so ago. We hung on to her as long as we could, until it was a struggle for all of us. The "golfing" pal of my husband.......it was hard.
Years ago we put to sleep our Sugar who lived with us for 16 years......the best she was.
Now, before me I have our last dog....a poodle. He has arthritis and will not last so much longer.
No matter where I am in the home, he has always been by me. He has followed me around for 14 years.......
The loss of our special pals, our side kicks is difficult......
I am so happ NeNe that you had a wonderful 18 years.......Wow.......our longest time with our pet was 16 years.
Your story makes me cry, as I will be in your shoes soon.........
I want him to live to a hundred this little guy of mine....but its not gonna happen...so sad to think about........

Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,132,930 times
As I've gone along, losing my beloved littles (I call them that too Nene), each time I say "no more, I can't go through this again, it hurts to bad." But, I miss the love you can only get from a special pet friend. There is no other love like it. I feel incomplete without (for me) a dog beside me, (for you, a cat), to cuddle with, to hug or toss a toy to, to look into eyes that adore and ask so little. So even as I've just lost another too early, she was only 5, I ignored my own cries, and rescued another from the shelter. It is not easy, but oh, it is worth the time they give us, isn't it? (((((hugs you all))))))

Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
Know what, the feather, after 4 weeks, or five, still was here. Anyway, i did pick it up, and did put it
into the dog book! However, I do trust, and do Believe, mans best friend is a Dog. However, the dog, called Angel, did so love a MSPCA
cat, or kitten called muffin, Angel would try to play tug of war with her friend! I do think Muffin thought, how did I get a dog, who loves me?
Yes, Angel did! Also, on the outside she would bark, taking care of the kitten-cat! May every star we see, shine for the pets, we love ,and May they all go at peace to Heaven, or Rainbow Bridge, to meet us. Anyway, a friend is eternal! Also, if you have an open heart, no, your pet will not be replaced.
However, the love you have is made to be open, and share, laugh, and mend a broken heart with Love! p.s.
the Kitten. Muffin!

Last edited by maggiekate; 02-22-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge