Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,121,336 times

Advertisements

This may seem silly, because it's still 2 months away, and will be 7 months since we lost Nugget, but I am completely dreading our June vacation. For 10 years we've rented a little beach apartment and have taken our dogs. The past 5 years Nugget was along, and out of all the dogs, she loved it the most. My husband can't wait to introduce our new little one to the long walks etc. I am totally in tears just thinking about going back there. I don't know how I will handle it. I would not go, except my husband loves it and is already looking forward to it. I'm afraid I will be crying the whole week. I was getting a little better, but making the reservations has brought her loss crashing back down on me. I still can't even look at her pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 05:56 AM

56 posts, read 120,760 times
It's not silly at all to feel this way. You and I are going through a lot of the same things and lost our babies around the same time. I know I would definitely be struggling with the thoughts of doing something that Elvis loved too, without him.
I've been doing better lately. All of a sudden for the past 4 or 5 days I've not been able to stop crying again and I cant think of anything that really triggered it.
(((Big hugs to you))) and I'm sorry that I don't really have any advice in this situation :/

Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
bjh

59,919 posts, read 30,248,696 times
Because you don't look forward to being reminded of all the things that will bring back memories of Nugget. But keep in mind those are happy memories.

Consider focusing on the other pets and their happiness there, especially your little newbie. Take joy in that.

And CELEBRATE the fact that you ever had and loved Nugget. You know pets don't live as long as humans. Be glad for them while they're are here and remember the ones that are here now!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,410,519 times
Every experience I remember with my dog brings back the pain and memories. As the weather turns to spring, I can clearly remember being with her this time last year. It will go like this for me for another year. If you have another dog, that's a good thing. Having another dog takes your mind off things and as my friend said, "It gives you something to do."

Old 04-06-2009, 06:00 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,947,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
This may seem silly, because it's still 2 months away, and will be 7 months since we lost Nugget, but I am completely dreading our June vacation. For 10 years we've rented a little beach apartment and have taken our dogs. The past 5 years Nugget was along, and out of all the dogs, she loved it the most. My husband can't wait to introduce our new little one to the long walks etc. I am totally in tears just thinking about going back there. I don't know how I will handle it. I would not go, except my husband loves it and is already looking forward to it. I'm afraid I will be crying the whole week. I was getting a little better, but making the reservations has brought her loss crashing back down on me. I still can't even look at her pictures.

Not silly at all. You are grieving the loss of a family member. My heart goes out to you.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:09 PM

3,011 posts, read 6,289,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
Nothing silly about it and as a pet owner who is grieving the recent loss of a pet, I understand.

I honestly believe that Nugget would want you to go there, relax and have a good time. Just take her memories with you.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:24 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,564,581 times
You are far from silly...to many of us here, our animals are like children to us, of course going to a favorite vacation place you shared and enjoyed together is a very difficult thing. Her spirit will be waiting for you there and will be happy to see you in that special place. (((Hugs)))!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:13 PM

275 posts, read 468,502 times
many people can understand how you feel. your nugget was part of your family..and im sure you loved him very much. it is devastating to lose a pet and very hard. and your vacation place reminds you of him. i just lost my little hamster yesterday and im still devastated. animals are our family. i have to believe when animals pass they go to a better place but it still doesnt make it any easier for their human friends its always so hard and im sure you gave nugget a very happy, healthy life and he couldnt have asked for anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge