U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,774,934 times

Advertisements

I feel sick over something I witnessed today.

I was coming home this afternoon when I saw a pair of ducks walking their ducklings across the highway. I stopped and pulled over, honking my horn like crazy to scare them the rest of the way across the street, and people just kept right on going fast, and ran over every one of them. I sat there crying for a few minutes in disbelief. There is no way that people driving couldn't see them, there was at least 8 ducklings.

Why do people have to be so mean ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 AM
bjh

42,437 posts, read 26,585,163 times
Dammit! That pisses me off too. You can't tell me our society isn't paying for that sort of crap ass attitude too.

I have blocked two lanes of traffic before with my car to prevent that from happening. I realize you couldn't do that on a highway.

If I were you I would write a letter to the editor of your local paper! Might not make a lasting impression, or might make at least some people think for a minute. Why the hell is their trip to the grocery store more important than RESPECT FOR LIFE!!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM

2,806 posts, read 7,060,745 times
That is awful...disgusting, heartless and gut-wrenching! I am so sorry you had to witness this, and even sorrier it ever happened in the first place. People suck. RIP little ducklings...so unfair!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:05 AM

5,500 posts, read 21,306,525 times
That is too bad. The parent ducks will probably have time to lay more eggs, however. The reason they have so many babies is because many do not make it.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:37 AM
bjh

42,437 posts, read 26,585,163 times
That's missing the point. Humans are supposed to be smart enough to feel and demonstrate compassion and care, but some are so tuned into selfishness and callousness that they just don't care.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:45 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,003,768 times
Sometimes people aren't mean - they are just oblivious.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 AM

618 posts, read 887,197 times
I see people speed by stray dogs all the time and not even give them a glace. They seem annoyed if the dog gets in the street. I'm always checking for dogs or cats or anything that might stray into the road. That just upsets me so much that people are so shallow and heartless. No wonder we have so many other problems, people have grown hard and uncaring.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:04 PM

9,353 posts, read 18,564,498 times
i was involved in a fender bender over the same thing a few years back.... a duck family parading across a large and busy street.... several of us stopped to allow safe passage, but then people behind us didn't realize what was going on..... and BAM!!..... dumbazzes should be paying closer attention to the traffic and BRAKE LIGHTS on the car(s) ahead of them.......

Old 05-30-2009, 03:10 PM

549 posts, read 2,088,147 times
Humans can be so inhumane and heartless...how horrific to have witnessed that. I feel for you to have seen that happen. I believe that such heartless jerks will one day pay for what they do, but I know that does not make the situation any less heartbreaking.

I don't accept that they were just oblivious, you're supposed to be watching the damn roadways when you're driving.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,774,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm32206 View Post
Humans can be so inhumane and heartless...how horrific to have witnessed that. I feel for you to have seen that happen. I believe that such heartless jerks will one day pay for what they do, but I know that does not make the situation any less heartbreaking.

I don't accept that they were just oblivious, you're supposed to be watching the damn roadways when you're driving.
I was so horrified when I saw that. And people just kept right on running over them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge