Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:06 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,377,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
So sorry for your loss, I applaud you for understanding and seeing that Ivory was tired of it all.
They do let us know when they can, we just need to learn to listen, as hard as it can be sometimes.
{{HUGS}}
jkb826,

There are so many wonderful posts here. I wanted to also emphasize what Summerz wrote. Not all of us are ready or able to understand the natural signs our believed pets give us, as illness wears on their bodies, when they are tired and it is time for them to no longer have to suffer or fight.

It is a true act of love to know your pain will increase, but you did what made Ivory's suffering limited.

The days are hard after we lose a furry friend. It has helped me, even years later, to post here. It helps to be among those who considered there fury friends as a member of their family.

While not too far from you, compared to many here, I'm sending Cyberhugs to you from elsewhere in the Rocky Mtns. It's not the distance, it is the messages of support and how you feel understood by others here that matters.

I'm sorry about Ivory. I'm very proud of your level headed decision making, despite your own personal pain. Like others who have already posted, know we're here and have all been where you are right now.

I hope you are able to remember a couple of the happy times today as you think about Ivory.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,093,251 times
A week ago I lost my beloved best friend. She simply went quietly in my arms with a small exhale. I felt so much pain, but after reading your post about your own beloved and the struggle and fight she had to endure I feel better knowing my own left without pain. Thank you for sharing your story and feelings.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM

3,011 posts, read 6,282,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
Ivory was diagnosised with metastatic skin cancer just alittle over 5 months ago. This Tuesday I realized she was tired of fighting it and she made the journey to the Rainbow bridge. She was a 9 yr old white Greyhound that I rescued 7 years ago. She loved me so unconditionaly that I will never forget her. She went everywhere I went on our small ranch and never caused any trouble. I feel so good that I was able to give her 7 years of a great life. She was very much loved and will be missed.
I am really sorry for your loss of Ivory

Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,377,127 times
Thumbs up Amazing how those hurting reach out to help each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
A week ago I lost my beloved best friend. She simply went quietly in my arms with a small exhale. I felt so much pain, but after reading your post about your own beloved and the struggle and fight she had to endure I feel better knowing my own left without pain. Thank you for sharing your story and feelings.
Thursday007,

It is amazing how our pain seems to lessen as we share parts of ourselves with others. I tend to think we show a vulnerable side of ourselves here that we may not in other threads.

I'm proud of you for acknowledge the pain jkb826 has experienced, while you've had a significant loss yourself.

Thursday, do you understand why I tried to gently direct you to this specific thread? Others understand so easily and don't worry if they can't get every word right. What matters is that the suffering owner/family left behind is helped to the best of our ability. Others in a different forum did acknowledge your loss, but Sydney (at least when I read your posts about her) just seemed to naturally fit in this thread.

I'm proud of both of you, jkb826 and Thursday007. It is easier not to read about others pain. Instead, you both have tried to offer a comforting word and help.

There will always be some in this thread/24/7 who will try to help. This thread is as magical as some of the others, but for different reasons.

I'm thinking Sydney would be pretty darn proud of mom opening up to this many other people. Let our cyberhugs and words help right now while your grief is so new. I'm glad to have you posting here Thursday 007.

MSR

Old 10-31-2009, 01:09 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,142,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
Thank You everyone for all your kind words. I know I did the right thing and that she is in a much better place now. I am missing her daily but time will heal that pain. I appreciate your words so much because I can tell you all have probably been thru this and know how it feels. Thank you again
Not long ago I had Ginger put down. She was born in my house and lived for over 13 yrs. She had developed multiple health problems one of which was cancer. She might have lived a few more weeks or maybe even a month or so but the wife and I could tell she wasn't living, she was just existing from day to day in pain and discomfort.
Of course it was hard to do but it was best for her. I couldn't take seeing her suffer any longer.
We got her ashes from the vet and buried her by a rose bush in the yard.
She will always be in her yard of the only home she ever knew.
It helps a little for us to know that.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM

3,732 posts, read 12,352,064 times
Let me add my condolences for your loss. Its amazing to me how these senior dogs can be so stoic and yet so loving. You and Ivory had a great 7 years together. My thoughts are with you in your grief.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,226,658 times
My heart goes out to you for the loss of your beloved Ivory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge