Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,131,364 times

Advertisements

I wish to send you comfort and sympathy in the loss of Albert, who is a beautiful cat! I love your story of how he came into your life, and he was surely grateful to you for 3 wonderful years. It is never easy when they go so suddenly. It is never easy when they go, no matter how or when, really. But you shared your life with Albert for three years, and you made many wonderful memories. The pain will someday go, and you will be able to enjoy those memories. Take Care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,076 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels. Thank goodness he found you and thank you for giving him a wonderful life.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:27 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
Smile Thank You For Helping When YOU Were and Are Hurting Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
My precious Albert was a little 2 month old street kitten and I'm not sure who adopted who, only that we were brought together for a reason. I happened to be living next to where he was all alone, sitting on a mound of construction dirt crying - all alone. I opened my door and in he came. He was with me and my constant companion for 3 wonderful years. On Thursday, for the first time ever, he got sick so I took him to the vet who gave him a full exam, antiobiotics and said he should be better the next day. The next day came and he wasn't better, but worse. Being an honest vet, unlike so many, she immediately said to take him to the best animal hospital in the City of David to a doctor who specialized in cats.

He had surgery on Friday, the doctor stayed with him all night while he recovered. Saturday morning he seemed to be doing better. Then yesterday he had a heart attack and passed away. I miss my baby very much as now is the time of night when he would always get up from his pre-nightly nap to come out and be with me, then start nagging me it was time to go to bed. I'd always tell him, it's too early - we're not going to bed at 7:30PM. The closer to 10PM it would get, the more persistent he would be.

I am grateful for the 3 years we had together and now he is up in heaven with all of my former 4 legged children, but I miss him very much. My dear Albert you were and always will be loved by your mama.
c21,

Thank you so much for taking time during your own pain to write me such a wonderful note.

Albert was so lucky to have you. This is a lovely tribute. Remember the things you wrote to me.

I do agree with you that my Holi was there to help Albert. It had to be hard for him to leave you after the life you gave him. In her own gentle way, she would embrace him and help him with his tears of sorrow not being able to be with you any longer. Always remember that....separation happens on both sides. I do hope that helps ease your pain some.

I also hope my Holi let your precious Albert make the decisions of what they would do to entertain themselves when Albert arrived.

Sending cyberhugs across the miles. It is with the help of others we get through these bad times that many of us haven't really had an avenue to talk about previously.

MSR

Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,079,969 times
Blessings to Albert for his flame went out way too early. I know he was an angel who's time with us was just too short.

May your heart mend quickly and your memory of Albert live long.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:10 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
c21,

Thank you so much for taking time during your own pain to write me such a wonderful note.

Albert was so lucky to have you. This is a lovely tribute. Remember the things you wrote to me.

I do agree with you that my Holi was there to help Albert. It had to be hard for him to leave you after the life you gave him. In her own gentle way, she would embrace him and help him with his tears of sorrow not being able to be with you any longer. Always remember that....separation happens on both sides. I do hope that helps ease your pain some.

I also hope my Holi let your precious Albert make the decisions of what they would do to entertain themselves when Albert arrived.

Sending cyberhugs across the miles. It is with the help of others we get through these bad times that many of us haven't really had an avenue to talk about previously.

MSR
Thanks MSR and you're right about how nice it is to have a venue where we can share with others going through similar experences. This was such a sweet post and I'm betting Holi wins on decision making when they're up playing together - he's a softy that way but either way I'm sure they're having fun together, even though you and I wish they were still here playing with us. At least they now have each other and all the other 4 legged friends/family who have crossed over the bridge XX.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Smile Such a Different Way to Think of Where Our Loved Pets Are

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Thanks MSR and you're right about how nice it is to have a venue where we can share with others going through similar experences. This was such a sweet post and I'm betting Holi wins on decision making when they're up playing together - he's a softy that way but either way I'm sure they're having fun together, even though you and I wish they were still here playing with us. At least they now have each other and all the other 4 legged friends/family who have crossed over the bridge XX.
c21,

You are very welcome for any help my words, cyberhugs and thoughts about you may have been.

I've tried to decide for about 20 hrs. how in the world to respond to your, "I'm betting Holi wins on decision making when they're up playing together." I'm certain they are pals and probably glad we connected this way.

What does a parent say when the playful little bug, full of life and games, still wants to be in charge? I say I'm glad they are together and Holi and Albert both have a tremendous capacity to love. Ok, here's what I can say (rationalize to myself): I'm hoping Holi is suppose to be Albert's teacher. Since she always played with her sister, she probably teaches best by playing.

I can hope she is learning to let other friends decide what games to play for a while. I can also hope Albert, in his very gentle way, may help her remember they still need to share where they are too. Albert sounds so calming and so tender that he wouldn't hurt Holi's feelings. That was the one thing she couldn't tolerate, with her very tender feelings.

She would start to cry and turn away from people who somehow hurt her feelings. She felt betrayed, one day, by her own DVM as he had brought his puppy in to play with her. She had fun playing with his puppy until somehow until she felt displaced. How dare her DVM not spend ALL of his time playing with her? If I hadn't seen it, I would have struggled to believe/understand it. Because he had the scent of his own pet on his clothes, she walked away from him and wanted nothing to do with him. Wow, did he every have to WORK, and I do mean WORK, to repair some of the damage he inadvertently caused (at least from her perspective) so they could have their very special bonds again. I think her DVM was close to tears too. However, he was able to rememdy the situation with lots of extra hugs and squeezes. She left happy that day. So I'm hoping Albert, who seems to have a little more wisdom than Holi, will share some of what he learned with her.

I can't speak for you, c21, but I can say it helps me look at the entire situation in a totally new light. For me, it is relaxing and healing to think of Albert being with Holi and so many cherished pets of our friends here. And I may need the guidance of everyone here if we all convene someday near the Rainbow Bridge and Holi announces what we all will be doing at that time. She truly was one of a kind. Oh well, at least everyone here will be prepared. She was so subtle in how she directed everyone to do what she wanted......

I hope this week is a little bit better than last week for you. I hope you know there are always friends who post in this thread, who truly care about you. Please post an update of how you are doing when you get a chance.

And consider yourself a sealed deal that if our two are playing together with other friends and we'll be friends enjoying them there too. For now, we have the memories and all the opportunities they brought into our lives.

Sometimes I think we don't think about the opportunities our pets create for us. Be it to serve others, meet others or get involved with totally new activities, or share our feelings with others we've never met before but know its okay to trust, as our pets are guiding us here, I personally believe the spirits of our pets guide us to where we can get and give help to others. IN my belief system, I think our much-loved 4 legged family members are closer than we sometimes know.

During their lives and where each person believes his/her pet is now, I honestly believe they help us find things we need. I never even knew there was a pet forum here until whenever I first posted in 2009. Being a member for since June 2007 and not knowing this thread existed... I don't feel like it was only coincidence that I found the forum when I did.

Cyberhugs and warm, healing wishes across the miles. (And I hope Albert was in charge of the fun they and so many other 4 legged loved ones shared today ).

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 10-20-2009 at 06:13 PM..

Old 10-20-2009, 06:09 PM

Smile Picture Album

C21,

BTW, I failed to mention I just saw Albert's picture on your album page. He was a beauty. I can see how content he was. A quiet prince who knew his place.

Very, very nice!

MSR

Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
C21,

BTW, I failed to mention I just saw Albert's picture on your album page. He was a beauty. I can see how content he was. A quiet prince who knew his place.

Very, very nice!

MSR
Thank you, yes he was a prince He tried to be very distinguished at times, but was really just a goofball. Every time I would get out my suitcase to fly to my other office, well, like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Still miss that boy a lot, but knowing he's waiting for me and playing with all the other animals gives me comfort.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:56 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,318 times
Very handsome,

Old 10-22-2009, 11:24 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,131,364 times
That should be in a frame it is so precious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge