U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM

5,963 posts, read 11,214,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
We've had so many animals, and have lost so many. When they rush to greet my husband and I at the Rainbow Bridge - we will smothered. Can't think of a better way to go.
You said it perfectly!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 05:51 PM

5,963 posts, read 11,214,387 times
Rest in peace our sweet Pepper. She had cancer and it advanced quickly. Pepper crossed over to Rainbow Bridge on 4/20/12. We miss her!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM

2,888 posts, read 5,840,784 times
Alaskapat528 - What a beautiful girl!

Cancer is such a cruel disease, we've lost a couple to it quite recently.

It's never easy to say goodbye.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM

10,577 posts, read 10,781,854 times
Well, I lost my little buddy on June 1st. Him and I had been together for 15 1/2 years, he had made his way into my heart and soul, funny how they do that, we'd had many adventures and did quite a bit a traveling over the years and moved three times and finally settled in the foothills of the Appalachians, you know I think he really enjoyed it here. He loved chasing the rabbits although he never caught one, he just loved chasing them and he never went beyond the property, he know exactly how far he could go. In the past few years we use to sit on the front porch in the evenings and just listen to all the sounds, I'd have my cup of tea and he would sit up on my lap and just watch everything. You know I'm going to miss him and I still sit out on the front porch in the evenings with my cup of tea. He was my best buddy and my best friend, never judgmental, always loving and never really expected anything in return, gave love unconditionally. So here's to you a "Little Starbuck", I know you'll be waiting for me on the other side and we'll run through those green fields and hills together, chasing rabbits..
Attached Thumbnails
Rainbow Bridge-starbuck-001.jpg  

Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM

10,946 posts, read 8,701,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well, I lost my little buddy on June 1st. Him and I had been together for 15 1/2 years, he had made his way into my heart and soul, funny how they do that, we'd had many adventures and did quite a bit a traveling over the years and moved three times and finally settled in the foothills of the Appalachians, you know I think he really enjoyed it here. He loved chasing the rabbits although he never caught one, he just loved chasing them and he never went beyond the property, he know exactly how far he could go. In the past few years we use to sit on the front porch in the evenings and just listen to all the sounds, I'd have my cup of tea and he would sit up on my lap and just watch everything. You know I'm going to miss him and I still sit out on the front porch in the evenings with my cup of tea. He was my best buddy and my best friend, never judgmental, always loving and never really expected anything in return, gave love unconditionally. So here's to you a "Little Starbuck", I know you'll be waiting for me on the other side and we'll run through those green fields and hills together, chasing rabbits..
My soul goes out to you on your loss. Hopefully you continue to cherish your memories and the devotion the two of you shared.

My smpathies to you.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:46 PM

274 posts, read 468,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I heard what sounds to be a variant of the "Indian" remarks:

When you arrive at the gates of heaven, all the animals you have ever loved come running to greet you.

The reaction: of joy!!

That is honestly the best description of heaven that I have ever heard. I'm imagining going to a place where could again be with my blue fronted amazon, Kiwi; my cat, (good time) Charlie; and my miniature pincher, Cindy. Maybe Charlie could finally teach Cindy the right way to play fetch. That's right, I had a cat that was great at playing fetch and a dog that never could quite get the hang of it. Cindy absolutely loved chasing the ball, it was the 'bringing the ball back' part that she could never figure out. Kiwi with his outrageous laugh would be laughing at the both of them until he had both of us rolling on the ground laughing like I haven't laughed in a very long time.

I have to go wipe the tears off my keyboard now. I miss them all so much.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 PM

3,402 posts, read 12,629,386 times
Operation Paws For Homes
Liked · 14 minutes ago

This is a poem that was posted below in memory of a sweet abused dog named Grace that was recently rescued, but did not last very long with her new family. I thought I would share it with you guys.

~~~~~~~~~~

I sit and try to write the words, I want your heart to hear.
Hoping to find some comfort, in the fact that you're not here.
I look out into the open field, that you once occupied,
Knowing now that field is empty, because my love, you've died.

I do believe with all my heart, that your soul has gone to be,
With all the other angel dogs, that you were meant to see.
We will have to stay behind, until God calls us too,
So do not be afraid, that he's only called for you.

The water is still, in the pond that you played,
And your bed is so empty, where your pretty head laid.
Our bed is to empty, where you once laid between,
the two people who LOVED you and now only dream,
That one day our eyes will shut one last time,
and you will come greet us, angel of mine.

Until then, I'll keep trying to see through my tears,
with memories you left us, to reflect through the years.
We'll never forget one minute we spent,
of loving and laughing, of places we went.
And I dread the day that your scent disappears,
for it's "proof" to me that you were just here!
But one day will come, when we'll start to see through,
the pain of the moment, and remember just "you".

Now you go and play, and look down when you can,
remembering we love you, and this isn't the end.

-Holly W. Gray

Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,772,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
We've had so many animals, and have lost so many. When they rush to greet my husband and I at the Rainbow Bridge - we will smothered. Can't think of a better way to go.
Amen. My wife and I are in trouble when we get there. We had to put down our first senior kitty last June. We boarded her because she'd been sick and didn't want to leave her home when we went out of town and she had a stroke at the vets. Hardest drive home I've ever had to do, knowing we were stopping on our way to put her down and she wasn't coming home. We lost her brother this past Saturday. He was fine when he went to the vet in June for his checkup, then last week started pawing at his mouth. We figured it for a bad tooth and took him in and found out that within a month, a tumor had sprouted up. We intended to treat with pain meds until he was uncomfortable, but it didn't last long at all. He had too many problems eating, was falling trying to paw at it, but his way of telling us it was time was when he stopped eating ice cream (yes, he got vanilla ice cream. We actually bought him his own pint.) My wife put her bowl down when she was done and he wouldn't touch it. We put his own down, same thing. We cried like babies afterwards, when the vet gave him something to make him sleepy so he wouldn't feel the needle, etc, he fell asleep on my hand and died there. I could barely drive home. We have 5 other cats still in the house, a mom and 4 of her kittens that someone tossed outside and made their way to us. Between them, the countless dogs and cats I've had growing up, and the dogs and cat's we've yet to bring home, we're going to have a very crowded reunion. The only good to Sam's passing is it lets me start thinking about getting a dog (he was not a fan of things that barked at him), so a GSD may yet find a couch to sleep on at home!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 PM

10,577 posts, read 10,781,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

I recently came across a nice little poem that's titled:

Pawprints Left by You.

You no longer greet me,
As I walk through the door.
You're not there to make me smile,
To make me laugh anymore.
Life seems quiet without you,
You were far more than a pet.
You were a family member, and friend.
A loving soul I'll never forget.
It will take time to heal,
For the silence to go away.
I still listen for you,
And miss you every day.
You were such a great companion,
Constant, loyal and true.
My heart will always wear,
The pawprints left by you.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM

242 posts, read 417,376 times
Today I put down my best friend, he was a large GSD weighed 101 lbs by the vets scale. His name was Dreifus, he was the finest, gentlest baby sitter one could imagine, he took special care of small children. When my niece heard I was going to put him down, she called me from Florida, crying...we cried together for a while over the phone. The vet came to the house, I sat down in the back yard (the clearing in which we put our house is about 2.5 acres, the other 9 or so acres are heavily wooded w/creek. We can not see the lights of our closest neighbors, can't see the road from our clearing at all) Dreifus came to me, laid down and put his head in my lap, I cried. I held him and told him I loved him, cuddled with him while the vet gave him the shot. He died peacefully in my arms, I cried most of the day. Dreifus was the second GSD I have had to put to sleep, it does not get easier, he was a really good friend. It never feels good to lose a close friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge