U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 03:36 PM

421 posts, read 348,587 times

Advertisements

Oh boy! Didn't know tears for my "lost friends" I have shared my life with, were so close to popping out. Beautiful and touching tribute. I will never regret having pets no matter how painful it is to lose them. I am a widow with 2 dogs and several cats. I am very happy, rarely lonely, due a lot to sharing my days with my critters.
I am glad I stumbled on this thread, even if it did make me cry!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 PM

3,133 posts, read 1,745,770 times
So beautiful and touching. Said good bye to a VERY special and amazing furry family member yesterday. I will miss her every single day and the love that she brought into my household for the last 13 years was amazing. I will hang this poem up by her picture.

Miss you Jas.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:48 PM

421 posts, read 348,587 times
I DO HOPE your pain gets easier to bear soon. Eventually that pain will turn into loving memories.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 PM

12,824 posts, read 21,568,160 times
I can see it now, on the distant horizon. Our boy is getting himself ready. Most likely our own times will be later. Then we can all meet and play forever.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:45 AM

26,154 posts, read 16,867,955 times
Smile *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper
Rainbow Bridge Poem

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth. It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours......
A very nice Poem!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 03:21 PM

13,673 posts, read 6,763,805 times
My Abby had to be euthanized today. I wonder if they realize that this trip in the car to the vet will be their last. Do they sense our sadness? Do they know how much they are loved? Can they feel our love for them?

People say dogs can't "love". I don't believe that. Ever hear the true story about Hachi - the Shiba Inu in Japan that waited for his owner at a train station for years after the owner died? He never knew his owner had died at work so he waited patiently every day for him to return.
Wh...en they greet us at the door is it love? They don't care what mood we are in, whether we are rich or poor, black or white. They are always happy to see us.

My girl was a former puppy mill breeder that I adopted almost 10 years ago. My vet guessed her age at 6-9 years old because of the condition she was in. She was 4.5 pounds, she had 6 teeth left and four of them had to be pulled because they had rotted in her mouth. She was so thin that when she bent over to eat or drink she kind of toppled forward because what weight she did have was all her chest. She spent those first years in a cage producing litter after litter for her owner with little in return. Her back toes were deformed from being in a cage with no blanket. When her little body was spent her "owners" dropped her off at the shelter. When you buy a dog from a pet shop this is the life the parents live. Think about that the next time you see an adorable puppy at the pet store.

I went there to get a pretty long haired Chihuahua that I had seen on their website. When I got there that one had already been adopted so they brought my Abby out. She looked like a gremlin. I thought she would die that first night, she was so thin and sick. She slept in a baby blanket in my arms because if she was going to die, she was going to do it in the comfort of someone's arms. That's how she slept for almost 10 years. She never got over her fear of most people because of the trauma of her early years. Perhaps I shouldn't have coddled her but I never wanted her to have an unhappy moment ever the rest of her life.

My heart is breaking, I never want to go through this again. Good-bye Abby, I hope there really is a Rainbow Bridge.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:07 PM

9,050 posts, read 7,049,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My Abby had to be euthanized today. I wonder if they realize that this trip in the car to the vet will be their last. Do they sense our sadness? Do they know how much they are loved? Can they feel our love for them?

People say dogs can't "love". I don't believe that. Ever hear the true story about Hachi - the Shiba Inu in Japan that waited for his owner at a train station for years after the owner died? He never knew his owner had died at work so he waited patiently every day for him to return.
Wh...en they greet us at the door is it love? They don't care what mood we are in, whether we are rich or poor, black or white. They are always happy to see us.

My girl was a former puppy mill breeder that I adopted almost 10 years ago. My vet guessed her age at 6-9 years old because of the condition she was in. She was 4.5 pounds, she had 6 teeth left and four of them had to be pulled because they had rotted in her mouth. She was so thin that when she bent over to eat or drink she kind of toppled forward because what weight she did have was all her chest. She spent those first years in a cage producing litter after litter for her owner with little in return. Her back toes were deformed from being in a cage with no blanket. When her little body was spent her "owners" dropped her off at the shelter. When you buy a dog from a pet shop this is the life the parents live. Think about that the next time you see an adorable puppy at the pet store.

I went there to get a pretty long haired Chihuahua that I had seen on their website. When I got there that one had already been adopted so they brought my Abby out. She looked like a gremlin. I thought she would die that first night, she was so thin and sick. She slept in a baby blanket in my arms because if she was going to die, she was going to do it in the comfort of someone's arms. That's how she slept for almost 10 years. She never got over her fear of most people because of the trauma of her early years. Perhaps I shouldn't have coddled her but I never wanted her to have an unhappy moment ever the rest of her life.

My heart is breaking, I never want to go through this again. Good-bye Abby, I hope there really is a Rainbow Bridge.
Of course there is. Our love for them, and their love for us, makes it so. There are no clocks at Rainbow Bridge, and the time she will have to wait for you will be a mere blink of an eye.

So very sorry you had to say goodbye to Abby. But you did all you could to make up for the suffering of her pervious life, and she knew that, and would have told you that if she could. She spent her remaining years being loved and cherished, and happier than she had ever been before. Remember that, and take comfort from it.

Peace be with you, until you see her again.
And you will.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:04 PM

13,673 posts, read 6,763,805 times
Thank you.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:08 AM

17,413 posts, read 23,170,398 times
It's been a year today for Frankie. I'm a complete f-ing mess. I took the day off of work. It's been beautiful here the past several days and today is gloomy. It's like mother nature is mourning with me. I love and miss you so much Frankie

Old 03-11-2017, 12:53 PM

26,154 posts, read 16,867,955 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge