U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:26 AM

15,358 posts, read 18,049,178 times

Advertisements

I took our old kitty, Josie, to the vet for the last time today. She was 16 and had stopped eating and grooming. In her heyday as the top cat, she had weighed 15 pounds and always kept her white feet and white tummy meticulously clean. She was down to about 7 pounds and literally skin and bones. The vet said she was in kidney failure.

I know it was the right thing to do, but it's always heartbreaking. RIP, sweet Jo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 01:40 PM

5,659 posts, read 3,011,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I took our old kitty, Josie, to the vet for the last time today. She was 16 and had stopped eating and grooming. In her heyday as the top cat, she had weighed 15 pounds and always kept her white feet and white tummy meticulously clean. She was down to about 7 pounds and literally skin and bones. The vet said she was in kidney failure.

I know it was the right thing to do, but it's always heartbreaking. RIP, sweet Jo.
Sorry about your kitty.
One of my cats suffered from kidney failure.

She sounds beautiful.

Hope your heart mends soon.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:56 AM

2,002 posts, read 2,963,819 times
So long my buddy of 13 years, Socks. He was a part Maine Coon and his top weight was 17 lbs. The lowest was 8 lbs. I miss him more than words can describe. But, now he is with his sister, Lilbit. Socks was 18 years old and his sister was 17. I now know they are playing together again. Socks, you will remain in my heart forever.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:04 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,886,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
So long my buddy of 13 years, Socks. He was a part Maine Coon and his top weight was 17 lbs. The lowest was 8 lbs. I miss him more than words can describe. But, now he is with his sister, Lilbit. Socks was 18 years old and his sister was 17. I now know they are playing together again. Socks, you will remain in my heart forever.
I'm sorry to hear about Socks

It sounds like he was a great cat and gorgeous, being part Maine Coon

He and his sister Lilbit enjoyed long and happy lives with you and yes, they are probably playing together again.

The pain never really goes away but it gets less with time.

Take time to work through your feelings and be easy on yourself.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:49 AM

1,979 posts, read 1,210,225 times
Stephan Pastis, the cartoonist / author of Pearls before swine, put this cartoon out about the death of his dog. I thought it was well worth sharing here.

https://twitter.com/stephanpastis/st...71095034982401

Old 08-25-2019, 11:30 PM

210 posts, read 60,027 times
I miss my Best Girl. She died 12 July 2019 at 11:46 am. I listened to the silence of her life sounds with my stethoscope. Silence has often been of comfort to me, a refuge to the cacophony of the day. That morning, the silence and loneliness, despair were deafening. I miss her. I saw her to the foot of the Rainbow Bridge, the Clearing at the End of her Path, into God's care. I had hoped that she would see me to the end of my march of days. She was a stray cat that took up permanent residence in my heart and I thank God for her, even if I admonished God to look after her until I meet her again.

I have questioned my faith at various times in my life. Margo, my cat, helped to reassure my faith. We were built for each other. We looked out for each other. I miss my Best Girl, Gentle Reader. I had prayed to not outlive her once we orbited a common barycenter between us. Now I feel cast adrift. In my Margo though I knew complete, selfless love. God loved me enough to gift me Margo and I don't know why He took her back.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:42 AM

12,062 posts, read 13,964,572 times
It's been 3 months since my Australian Shephard Gus died suddenly. He was my best friend and still I am lost and empty inside. I can only hope one day we'll be together again.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:09 PM

5,184 posts, read 4,921,141 times
It is awful isn't it. It has been 9 months since my Girl left me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It's been 3 months since my Australian Shephard Gus died suddenly. He was my best friend and still I am lost and empty inside. I can only hope one day we'll be together again.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:56 PM

12 posts, read 96,819 times
Default Packer Puppy (aka Dogboy) RIP

Aka Pizza Bone Puppy Dog! Miss you buddy, almost 3 years now.
Attached Thumbnails
Rainbow Bridge-last-packer-photo-5-18-17  

Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 PM

4,973 posts, read 3,007,152 times
When I first saw the title of this sub-forum "Rainbow Bridge" I didn't know what that meant. I first thought it was about a bridge that connects the US with Canada at Niagara Falls, a beautiful natural feature that is one of the wonders of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7r...el=BarunBakshi

But it's fitting for our dear pets who have gone onto a new beautiful place and we'll see them once we cross that bridge ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge