Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2022, 06:11 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times

Advertisements

Today was a very hard day for us. Our black and white male kitty by the name of Sam had to be sent over. 19 years old and started having problems keeping his food down, was in pain in his back legs and only seemed to want too drink water.
6 years ago his playmate Harley (a male orange tabby) was hit with cancer of the lungs and had to be put to sleep. Which left Sam roaming around the house looking for him for days.
So now Sam, Harley, Spook, Skeeter and our two black labs Lady ans Maggie are all together waiting for us to join them one day.
And as far as I'm concerned, animals have souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 08:21 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,762,650 times
I am sorry for your babies, but I agree with you 100% that they have souls. They are all reunited and one day (not yet) you will see them again. They not only have souls, but they know when they are loved - there is no question. Godspeed and be strong - your babies are safe and pain-free. They will never know sickness ever again.

Old 07-03-2022, 08:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I am sorry for your babies, but I agree with you 100% that they have souls. They are all reunited and one day (not yet) you will see them again. They not only have souls, but they know when they are loved - there is no question. Godspeed and be strong - your babies are safe and pain-free. They will never know sickness ever again.
Thank you for the wonderful response. Sam was my buddy, his name was an acronym of two of our past pets Spook (our black kitty) and Maggie (blacklab)blackjack. "Spook And Maggie" SAM. We never had children so you can guess what place our fur babies took. But we've decided to not get anymore, it hurts too much when they leave.
Again, thank you for the reply. God Bless.

Old 07-11-2022, 02:11 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,762,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Thank you for the wonderful response. Sam was my buddy, his name was an acronym of two of our past pets Spook (our black kitty) and Maggie (blacklab)blackjack. "Spook And Maggie" SAM. We never had children so you can guess what place our fur babies took. But we've decided to not get anymore, it hurts too much when they leave.
Again, thank you for the reply. God Bless.
I totally understand. I find folks take one of two directions with the loss of their furbaby - they choose to not have any more due to the incredible pain of loss or they immediately try to fill that void (again, due to the pain) and adopt another, eventually loving and bonding with the new furbaby. There is no right or wrong. You loved Sam and he knows it. Maybe just maybe one day down the road, you may change your mind and open your home to another - but if you don't, that is okay, too. God Bless you and thank you for giving Sam a loving life and home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge