Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times

Advertisements

Panda came into my life in Feb of this year. She was a feral. Along with 2 of her litter mates she lived in some dense underbrush in the back of the yard in the house I just bought.

As DH & I began doing the long neglected yard work we startled the kitties and they ran. Each evening when we stopped moving around in the yard this one came back.

Being the daughter of a crazy cat lady I began feeding her. In the beginning she would bolt over the stockade fence, not to return for an hour or two. One day I noticed she had climbed the fence, but her cute little black & white face was peeking at my from underneath. After a few weeks she stopped climbing the fence, but would skitter to the other side of the yard and come for the food as soon as I began to walk back towards the house. Lately I could get within a couple of feet of her, and some mornings if I was running late she would be sitting on the back porch waiting for me. I always got scolded on those mornings.

About 10 days ago Panda brought her kittens to live under my shed. I did not know she even had them. She was so very young, just an over grown kitten herself. Oh man! Are those babies ever cute!

Yesterday evening I went to cut the grass & found Panda resting on top of the lawn mower. She did not try to run until I was actually next to her. She had no balance and her legs were not able to hold her. She laid back down. I brought her some food & water.

This morning she was in the same spot, same position. I wanted to get her & take her to the vet. She tried to bite me. As much as I hated to leave her there, I had no choice.

When I got home from work I found that she had crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Panda has been laid to rest in her favorite shady spot under my orange tree.

Panda Kitty, I will make this promise to you. I will catch your babies and do everything I can to make sure that they have a chance at a better life than the one you had. You were a good mama to those cuties. I will miss your cute little black & white face.

Rest in peace sweet Panda Kitty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
So sorry for your loss. You did the best you could for her.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Rest in Peace Panda !! Look up my doggie Isis and my nephew doggie Shaggy and they will be your friends.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
I am so sorry to hear about Panda. She obviously chose your home for a reason. She knew that you would care for her kittens. RIP Panda.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,360 times
Panda will be joining several kitties I rescued over the years. One of them was a black and white whom I named Two-tone.

My most beloved kitty died seven years ago tomorrow. Never forgotten, always missed, always mourned, forever loved.

I am sorry for your loss. All our loved ones are in a place where they are young, happy and free from pain.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
I'm glad you helped Panda.

Please do her kittens the favor of having them fixed. They'll make better pets and live longer, happier lives.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:11 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,020 times
So sorry to hear of the loss of Panda.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,583,573 times
RIP, sweet Panda. Thank you for being her friend and for showing her kindness in what sounds like a hard and short life...and bless you for vowing to help her babies. She sensed your kindness and led them to your care, cats are so smart...she chose well. ((Hugs)))!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
Poor Panda, never having had a caring home. At least she found one at the end, although she couldn't fully appreciate it. At least her kittens are more fortunate. Good on you, Racelady88.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,910 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet Panda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge