Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times

Advertisements

My Molly:
13 years ago I took you home. You were born from championship Australian Shepherd parents with AKC "best of" certificates. You were tattoed inside the ears because of your value. Then your breeder learned you were born deaf and dumped you in the streets. But I took you home from the kennel who found you for just a $35 adoption fee. I gave you the greatest 13 years any pet could ever ask for. You were the fastest dog on wheels in a drag race, only outrun by the Greyhounds. Everyone knew you as Mollybolt because you were like a bolt of lightning.

Your early years were spent in dog parks and you used your working dog instincts to herd the other dogs into a confused circle. I guess you thought they were Sheep. You met your soul mate there who was a Jack Russel Terrier. 2 humans could not get along as well as you both did. Out of hundreds of dogs in this park and you found that Jack Russel, and remained friends for the years we lived near Desert Breeze Park.You were deaf but I taught you all the hand signals and you knew them well.

You always thought you were a Labrador Retriever because you were happiest when you were in the water. You were a champion ball player. You disrupted many baseball games or tennis matches when you sneaked in and stole the ball causing a roar of laughter in the stands. They cheered you on and to hell with the game.

You loved RVing as you took your place in the front captains chair so you could view the whole road. We traveled many many miles together and made RV parks our one night at a time home. You took the front seat of the boat and sucked in all the water spray as well as all that fresh air. You were a mascot at the Marina. Everyone knew Molly. Look for the boat launch ramp and there is Mollybolt.

Your most favorite thing in the world was playing at the boat launch ramp or diving into the waves at the beach as they crashed. We were outdoors people together. You graced the beaches of the Oregon Coast to Florida's Emerald Coast to hundreds of inland lakes and rivers. You dove into the white wash of Utah's Virgin River hunting for panfish to bring to me.

This week you developed intervertebral disc disease. 4 days ago we were out on our long nightly walks and by yesterday you lost the use of your once proud legs. You were so sad when you could not continue our routine. I knew I could not make you stay with me any longer despite the doctor wanting to give healing a chance. Your once proud self could not and would not do it.

You were my friend, my partner, my defender, my dog. I was your life, your love and your leader. You were mine, faithful and true to the last beat of your beautiful heart. I will never forget you. I owe you for allowing me to feel so worthy of your devotion to me. You enhanced my heart and warmed my soul every day I had you.

My walks will be lonely and void now. Every time I stand at the waters edge from this day on, you will not be there with me to jump in and make a scene that soon draws an audience who always marvel at watching you play in the water. Grabbing fish and tossing them on land. Picking up rocks and placing them out of the water...waiting for me to toss them back in only to retrieve them and do it again.

You are gone now, at peace with nature and the universe. There is a massive empty spot in my soul, my heart and my home. But my friend, you will be swimming in some of your favorite places again in a couple of weeks when I get your ashes. You will be spread in every place in your afterlife that you loved so much during your wonderful living years. Molly you will swim again. And I will be the one putting you in the water this time.

I miss you girl and will always love you.
Your soul mate
Jim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,272,598 times
With tears streaming down my face, I'd like to tell you that you wrote a beautiful sentiment about your precious Molly. She was a lovely dog. My Lab is 12 now and I dread the day she has to go on without me. Please find comfort in knowing I certainly care about the loss of your beloved pal. Rest in peace, pretty girl and to you Jim, I extend my sincere sympathies. Thank you for giving such a precious little soul a wonderful and fulfilling life.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,217 times
My deepest sympathy for your loss of Molly. Molly had the most amazing life which only some dogs can dream about. You gave her that amazing life. Rest in peace sweet Molly.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,798,569 times
She had a wonderful life thanks to you! In my belief system, she is now running the great fields of Heaven with lots of new friends, many of them my former babies. May you find comfort and peace soon.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,200 times
Quote:
You were my friend, my partner, my defender, my dog. I was your life, your love and your leader. You were mine, faithful and true to the last beat of your beautiful heart. I will never forget you. I owe you for allowing me to feel so worthy of your devotion to me. You enhanced my heart and warmed my soul every day I had you.
Molly was a lucky dog.

You made the right decision.

So sorry for your loss.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:14 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,813,852 times
God bless you, dear Molly.

May all our dearest friends welcome you with open arms at the Rainbow Bridge.

One day we will all get together again.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,371,505 times
Jim my most heartfelt condolences go to you on your loss. Your words made Molly come alive for all of us to appreciate how special she was. Most touching for me was that you both found each other in this life and had this wonderful journey together. Thank you for including her picture, she is beautiful.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:25 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,323,784 times
I'm sorry for your loss of Molly. I had an Aussie that look VERY similar to yours and I understand!

Old 06-05-2010, 05:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,035 times
Your post brought tears to my eyes. You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful bond between human and his best friend, than what you have portrayed for all of us on the Rainbow Bridge forum in Molly's honor.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to live with a raging unforgiving hole in your heart. You will never get over losing her, how much you loved her, or how much you miss her by your side.. and the days will never get easier in time. But in passing, you will begin to adapt to tucking her memory safely into the corners of your heart when it surfaces to remind you of the life you shared together, and it won't hurt as much.

I wouldn't be able to make it through the day if I didn't honestly believe that our animals will be waiting for us in heaven, and are at peace now. I hope you can find comfort in the happiness you had with her, and grieve for the loss of her companionship whole-heartedly.

You are a true gem for being able to open your heart and home so completely to another. It speaks volumes of your entire being to be able to love so honestly. But along with having a heart large enough to fill with such incredible happiness, also comes with having to encompass and endure unimaginable levels of pain. Such is the reward for humanity at its greatest form.

I don't know you, but my heart breaks alongside of yours just the same, not just for dear Molly, but for all of the beautiful kindred animals in this world that will never be able to experience that kind of love from someone like you.

We do what we can, with the time we are given. You gave Molly your life. She will never forget that.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:47 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,336,849 times
What a lovely tribute to Molly. It would be wonderful if every dog was as loved as she.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge